2 Replies - 262 Views - Last Post: 05 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Recruiting Software Developers for Research Studies

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

Hello world!

My colleagues at The George Washington University, are designing a series of studies that aim to survey software developers about how they do design. As a first step, we are collecting the email addresses of several developers who would like to volunteer to join a select panel. In return for providing your email address and answering a few short and confidential demographic questions, you will be entered into a lottery to win a $100 gift card from Amazon.com. When you sign up, we will occasionally also send you other surveys to complete by email. Each of these surveys will also be voluntary and confidential, and many will be compensated.

Signing up for our panel involves answering some general demographics questions takes less than five minutes to complete.
Participation in this study is voluntary and confidential. Please click on the following link to sign up:

https://seasgwu.qual...8vuyVWCJympmnVr

You may request to leave the panel at any time by contacting the Principal Investigator, Dr. David Broniatowski, at [email protected] There will be no penalty for choosing to leave the panel, and you will not receive any surveys in the future.
Many thanks for your participation!
Sincerely,
David A. Broniatowski

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Recruiting Software Developers for Research Studies

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Recruiting Software Developers for Research Studies

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:35 PM

Your link doesn't work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Recruiting Software Developers for Research Studies

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

This is what I read: Give up your email, and we'll ask you to provide personal details to us, after which we'll enter you into a fake lottery that nobody will win. Then we'll keep asking you for more personal details for all eternity - all the while using them to try to scam money off you - while some random University professor we found on Google and/or invented will be ignoring your Unsubscribe requests.

I have a hard time not seeing a huge "SPAM" warning in my head whenever random people ask for my email.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1