• « First

703 Replies - 29759 Views - Last Post: Yesterday, 05:45 PM

#691 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Election blather

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

Roy Moore seemed to be Trump in microcosm. A history of bad acts, even before rape allegations. Someone who "breaks the rules" by ignoring rights for "those people," nudge nudge, wink wink. A vocal group of cultish followers who see him as their guy and any contradiction is simply fake news. The amazing MO of ultimately denying even knowing accusers that he's previously acknowledged.

Linking a recent video that's pretty classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqEA03v3OtQ

Highlights include: Trying to change the subject when confronted with facts. Pretending statements don't mean what they obviously do: he said "IF." Repeating false narratives, like the Breitbart fabrication of a year book forgery and the tired Christian nation crap. And, of course, only their brand of Christian has rights. MAGA!

This moron has two interesting, what he thinks are, gotchas. One, swearing on a Bible: sorry, dumbfuck, you're wrong. And ending with a curiously smarmy Merry Christmas: as if this somehow stroked his delusional, masturbatory, Christian persecution complex by sticking it to the liberal oppressors.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#692 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 13 December 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Hopefully Moore goes quietly into the good night.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#693 ArtificialSoldier  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

One, swearing on a Bible: sorry, dumbfuck, you're wrong.

That guy was a mess, some of the things he's saying were just stupid. He even looks like the stereotypical mouth-breathing idiot that people in Alabama were trying to reject and shake off as being representative of their state. And remember - this is the guy who the campaign chose to go on TV and represent them. Imagine the people who didn't make the cut.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#694 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

My congressman (Mike Capuano, pretty good representative) puts out a regular feature called "Behind the Curtain" which documents disturbing actions by the current Lord of Misrule.

This one was interesting enough to share here:

A December 2017 analysis by the Wall Street Journal found that 40% of the comments submitted to the Department of Labor (DOL) on the Fiduciary Rule were fake. You may recall there was a similar problem with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and net neutrality comments. The Fiduciary Rule, proposed during the Obama Administration, requires investment advisors to act in the best interests of their clients. The vast majority of fake comments posted were in opposition to the rule. Despite the obvious problems with the comment process, the Trump Administration still delayed implementing a rule that essentially required investment advisors to put their clients first until 2019. Just as with the FCC, the Trump Administration

The whole list is a bit long, but worth a look: http://capuano.house...s/curtain.shtml
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#695 snoopy11  Icon User is online

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 01:05 PM

Surprising given the s***hole debacle this thread has remained quiet ? :)

Have americans now just given up ??

Abandon all hope for there be Dragons ?? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#696 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 01:25 PM

It's not that shocking in terms of language usage or that even he pulled it out during a discussion on immigration. More shocked at the general cronyism for folk "forgetting" what he said.

Still concerned about larger issues than what ever jibber jabber spills forth on these minor, glorified, bird whistles.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 01:28 PM

Saw this Fortune article about Trump contributing to the decline of democracy, what i found interesting is that there is already a feeling pre-Trump that democracy is heading toward trouble. I wonder what could replace it as a viable government, i mean my vote is for me for Tyrant for Life but i'm not sure that i'll be able to support that until i create my robot army
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#698 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 01:36 PM

Meh.. a dictator with an appetite.

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/...364859713761280
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 01:41 PM

I am a benevolent dictator. NeoTifa 2020.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

I mean, isn't this how it goes? Anybody who was foolishly optimistic about Trump isn't going to come back here and face the music about being wrong, and to those of us who knew how this would go, nothing is surprising.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#701 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 03:05 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 18 January 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

It's not that shocking in terms of language usage or that even he pulled it out during a discussion on immigration. More shocked at the general cronyism for folk "forgetting" what he said.

To me, that actually is pretty shocking. After all, the man's main job is to be the titular head of state. That requires maintaining some of the dignity of the office and representing the US in a way that will not damage our interests. If you look at what's happening in Europe, Latin America, Africa, and the Indian subcontinent right now, everywhere you can see countries starting to realign themselves towards a more China-facing posture, both in terms of trade and defense. This is a disaster for the US, and while it also relates to some concrete policy disasters, like the withdrawal from Paris, and to the general hollowing out of the state department, when the president pulls this shit it does hurt American interests abroad, just as it hurts domestic interests when he bucks up the Klan.
This is not about the use of a dirty word, it's about the statement that the President's view is that we prefer immigrants from whiter countries and we should question whether immigrants from countries like Haiti are desirable. That in itself is critically damaging to American diplomatic efforts, and it ultimately hurts Americans.
So yes, it really is that shocking.

Still concerned about larger issues than what ever jibber jabber spills forth on these minor, glorified, bird whistles.

Clearly this verbal diarrhea serves to screen some wretched policy changes, so you're right to be concerned about those. However, the reality is that this stuff does matter a lot for its own sake.

Still rooting for the heart attack. It'll come, and it can't come soon enough to suit me.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#702 ArtificialSoldier  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Heart Attack 2018. Make America Great Again.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#703 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 05:02 PM

I'll buy that t-shirt.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 05:45 PM

* Martyr sits back in his lawn chair, with a glass of tea, and watches his home country blow up from Canada. He then thinks to himself "Is this like that time where Spock was left on that desolate planet and watched Vulcan implode before his very eyes?"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (47 Pages)
  • +
  • « First