Is your son an evil computer |-|4x0r?

You may have already seen this, but for those who haven't...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

25 Replies - 1391 Views - Last Post: 27 December 2007 - 08:40 PM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Is your son an evil computer |-|4x0r?

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:54 AM

Ok, alot of you have probably already seen this, but for those who haven't....funny as f***!!!

So you will know its a hoax....i hope.

http://www.adequacy....42056.2147.html
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is your son an evil computer |-|4x0r?

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is your son an evil computer |-|4x0r?

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:47 AM

Old, this was posted in here back in 2001 - http://www.dreaminco...howtopic549.htm

And most likely a couple times since then.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• A$$hole Extraordinaire.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

</Dream.In.Code> : On top of internet trends and jokes since AYB.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

It is actually a well-written hoax but incredibly funny nonetheless.

There are, unfortunately, many hacking manuals available in bookshops today. A few titles to be on the lookout for are: "Snow Crash" and "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson; "Neuromancer" by William Gibson; "Programming with Perl" by Timothy O'Reilly; "Geeks" by Jon Katz; "The Hacker Crackdown" by Bruce Sterling; "Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland; "Hackers" by Steven Levy; and "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.

Neuromancer was a pretty fun novel actually.

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 22 December 2007 - 01:17 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Connection failed
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:11 PM

[WOW I DIDNT KNOW THIS]
If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.
[/WOW I DIDNT KNOW THIS]
also

[WOW I DIDNT KNOW THIS]
Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms. Many hackers develop anti-social tendencies due to the use of this virtual world, and it may cause erratic behaviour at home and at school.

If your son is using Quake, you should make hime understand that this is not acceptable to you. You should ensure all the firearms in your house are carefully locked away, and have trigger locks installed. You should also bring your concerns to the attention of his school.

[/WOW I DIDNT KNOW THIS]

This post has been edited by Xenon: 22 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 22 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:28 PM

you know... I didn't get that ti was a joke... I have known too many morons in my life that would take this and RUN with it.

As *a computer guy* I often get asked about children's internet activities. I have been asked to install firewalls and asked about how to install real spyware to keep track of children. Parents just go a little nuts sometimes because they really don't understand what their children are doing.

...oh the trouble I could cause if I were to give away that link...

That article is hilarious, the list of "hacker books" is fun, and the list of hacker programs is also pretty funny, but the best is the AMD slamming. But I honestly think that the article is a little socially irresponsible -- you have to take into account that people are idiots.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bastard Operator From Hell
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

Lol I Read that a few times already, and still funny however Linux isn't always used for hacking mostly for web servers & programmers, also AMD its like the make better processors than intel i prefer them over intel, i've have a few problems with intel before.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

View PostNickDMax, on 22 Dec, 2007 - 02:28 PM, said:

As *a computer guy* I often get asked about children's internet activities. I have been asked to install firewalls and asked about how to install real spyware to keep track of children. Parents just go a little nuts sometimes because they really don't understand what their children are doing.

My dad freaked out when I got my 14.4 modem & dialed their phone number. You know, phone to phone communication is such a horrible thing... whatever.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Proud supporter of the lulz
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:42 PM

Heh. It had been aired on G4 tech once.... I was still a nooblet back then and still thought it was pretty hilarious.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:28 AM

So many stupid people that will read it and think "OH NO! MY SON IS AN EVIL TERRORIST HACKER! ONLY THE BIBLE CAN STOP THIS!"

Stupid person at book store: "I need to buy a bible for my son, hes a hacker!

Tech Guy: "Ok we got the unix bible the linux bible umm, bsd bible andthing else?"

Stupid person: "EVERYONE IS AN EVIL HACKER!"

lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

Yeah well according to those signs I would most likely be a hacker considering I spend alot of my free time on the computer and when I started getting into computers it happened to be the time at which I started growing my hair out. I also have been telling my mom to get a new ISP and I asked for a new video card for Christmas. Iam verry argumentative with my parents and im constantly putting new programs on my computer. SO hey guys i guess im a hacker. The funny thing is I didnt laugh once while reading this because its actually very sad in that I could see my parents coming to this conclusion because they know so little about computers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:06 AM

Its all Microsofts fault!. The stupid people are their market!
It pisses me off, people like us so clearly see it, and they just think we are a bunch of pricks. Is it like this in every country or is this just the american way?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:41 PM

first of all Delta, u prefer AMd therefore you don't get an opinion since u force kids to work in sweatshops and are an evil |-|4X0r. secondly, he is right. Microsoft has just made the world so stupid with computers. I was talking to someone yesterday and they asked me how get their computer to run faster like it used to. I first asked them if it was infested with crap and they said no. Then I asked how big their hard drive was. their response t me was "where would i find that information?". idk how there people use the internet. Then she asked me if 112KB was a lot cuz she deleted the file and said she didnt notice a difference. They also got a new monitor. Only information they new was the size of it. i would never buy a monitor if i didnt know the contrast and refresh rate. It just made me realize that most people do not know how to do anything. It is becoming to easy for people to open word and then printing. If these people were educated they could get so much more done so much faster. My dad works at a computer all day and types with his right pointer finger. by the time he selects something, i could have been done with the job. I'm pretty sure that america is going to come into a recessionsoo where no one will know how to use a computer correctly and we will become more like a 3rd world country. My 13 year old cousin wanted to "mod" his computer like i did and couldnt figure out how to do it. then he got mad at me for not telling him how to freakin unscrew the side panel. I seriously think i am part of the dumbest generation ever just because of people like that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:50 PM

o
m
g
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +