2 Replies - 436 Views - Last Post: 15 January 2017 - 10:35 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 DK3250  Icon User is online

• Pythonian
  • member icon

• View blog

Python/Pygame Game Tutorials

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

Python Game Tutorials

I think that many DIC users may benefit from a Python Game Tutorial section.

During the last year or so, I have submitted a number of tutorial with focus on game aspects: Game loop, Input form console, anti-aliasing and high-score module. These tutorials I have tried to make as general as possible, such that they cover game aspects but also Python aspects in a wider range.

I believe that many more game/leisure aspects can favorably be covered by tutorials; but I also feel that the existing general Python Tutorial section may not be the right place.
A new Python Game section will to some extend be a Pygame Tutorial section; although many basic Pyhton issues will be covered.

Single subjects that I imagine covered in such a game section includes use of Perlin noise for graphics, Bezier curves, Vector (orbit calculations), buttons/sliders in Pygame, etc.
But most of all, I believe that walk-through of full games would be advantageous. Subjects can to some extend be taken from the general Python Forum – the Matrix-Rain question currently discussed in the forum could easily turn into a nice little tutorial.

I imagine that many people ‘out there’ have made games and that many will join a discussion of how various aspects of a specific game is best coded. Thus, I hope, more feedback/discussions in this section can be expected than normally seen in the existing Python Tutorial section.

I’ll be happy to provide the first one or two tutorials, but the idea only flies if more users contribute.

Let me know your response to this idea.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Python/Pygame Game Tutorials

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Python/Pygame Game Tutorials

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

Thank you for the suggestion, but as of right now there just isn't the traffic to create a whole python gaming subsection. You are open to pick between python proper or the game development area for best exposure, but certainly do not be dissuaded from creating the tutorials! Maybe that will inspire folk on their quest as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 DK3250  Icon User is online

• Pythonian
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Python/Pygame Game Tutorials

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

OK, - fully accepted!
I also considered using the blog option; I find it, however, difficult to get an overview of the blogs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1