3 Replies - 530 Views - Last Post: 17 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Newbie question

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

Hello all,

Ok,so I am new to ASP.Net, I have prior experience in HTML, Javascript, C# and MySwl, so I think this transition to use this should be a bit easier for me.
I am Familiar with what MVC stands for (thanks to a tutorial) but what I am not sure on is that in each of the files there is already code (or markup)? I know if I watch more tutorials I will get my answer but I am at work so I can't right now and it is bothering me trying to figure out, are they a sample of the ASP? Are they vital files? Helper files? My first pression was that I would start a new project and find 3 empty files, and I would fill them with my content, but alas, they already have content...

So if anyone could give me a quick overview or point me in the direction of a tutorial that explains it (must be text based for now as I am at work)

Thank you

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Newbie question

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Newbie question

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

How did you start you project? You have empty projects, and template projects. It also matters somewhat on whether you are doing a standard ASP project or an ASP Razor project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

I haven't.. I literally have just watched a tutorial last night on MVC and then went to bed, got up this morning and have been driving my clamp truck around thinking about it.. last night after the Tut. I opened VS and created an asp.net MVC project, looked at the 3 folders and realized they had stuff in them.. but it was too late to really look into it...
But now it's bugging me.. lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

Well, when you get back, start modifying some files and see what happens when you do. That is actually a good way to learn the functionality of a new paradigm.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1