Application Check Forum Possible?

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 592 Views - Last Post: 27 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Application Check Forum Possible?

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Seeing as there is a Site Check forum, I think it would be pretty cool to have a Application Check Forum in the Programming Help forum. I have seen members post topics asking for reviews of their application, and those that don't program in that specific language would have not visited the board and ignored it. There would have to be a couple of ground rules though, seeing as Programming does have a much higher risk of malware than websites.

Ways to combat this issue could resemble forcing open source, or only testing applications from trusted programmers. What do you think?! (I seem to be ending nearly every topic posted in this forum with the What do you think question) :D

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Application Check Forum Possible?

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Application Check Forum Possible?

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

View PostRodgerB, on 27 Dec, 2007 - 06:00 PM, said:

Seeing as there is a Site Check forum, I think it would be pretty cool to have a Application Check Forum in the Programming Help forum. I have seen members post topics asking for reviews of their application, and those that don't program in that specific language would have not visited the board and ignored it.

Ways to combat this issue could resemble forcing open source, or only testing applications from trusted programmers. What do you think?! (I seem to be ending nearly every topic posted in this forum with the What do you think question) :D

View PostRodgerB, on 27 Dec, 2007 - 06:00 PM, said:

There would have to be a couple of ground rules though, seeing as Programming does have a much higher risk of malware than websites.

Common sense & test machines should provail. I mean, seriously, anyone that "tests" code on a machine that has data they can't loose... well, that's their own fault.

I think this is a fantastic idea. However, I would also understand why it would be best left undeveloped by the administration of this site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Application Check Forum Possible?

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Well I thought of the idea because some people may have a rather large application and little amount of time. People could have the ability to give tips on how they could improve the program from their opinion, if they provided code their topic they could get help as to how it could be improved speed wise, information about making it more portable etc.

I just thought it would be a cool option.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1