3 Replies - 522 Views - Last Post: 03 February 2017 - 08:04 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Permision on creating file

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

Hi, i have a problem on IIS7. I have web app which genereates ppt/word/excel file on server side according to user data. It works fine when i run it in VS but when i put my program on IIS 7 (windows 7) and want to generate ppt/word/excel file i get these errors.
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error%3a 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT%3a 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).  //This error is from my api which is caught

And this error is what i see from iis side
 A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:)/>/>/>/>.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:)/>/>/>/>.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:)/>/>/>/>.]
   System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByConfig() +11944671
   System.Web.PipelineStepManager.ValidateHelper(HttpContext context) +55

Sorry if this is wrong section. (web app is writen in .net C# 4.5.2)
My guess is that IIS does not allow create a file on server side(this time on my pc where IIS is) because of permissions. But i dont know how to fix them i tried to change DCOMCNFG configuration but nothing helped (maybe i changed something wrong there? Now they are at default)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Permision on creating file

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Permision on creating file

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:48 AM

It's going to be a crap shoot on suggestions.

I just searched the error message ("HttpException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client") and found a large quantity of results with various suggestions you can take. Though some are more risky than others in terms of disabling IIS security, routing, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

Oh crap (sorry if this is bannable word.) will need to try to play with IIS. Thanks for quick pointer :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:04 AM

Yeah - it's rough trying to remote tweak a server from a forum post. :D ;) Good luck though! I wouldn't mind hearing what you work out. :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1