4 Replies - 931 Views - Last Post: 11 February 2017 - 03:55 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Should I put website I made on resume?

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:38 PM

Hey guys, I wanted to hear your opinions or advice if I should include this website I made for my sister's small business on my resume. I don't know if it would be a big deal since I used a template from Creative Commons. Eventually I do want to create the whole layout myself. If you guys don't mind checking it out and saying if you think I should include it or not. The website is naturesmosquitorepellent.com
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Should I put website I made on resume?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Should I put website I made on resume?

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

How much of that did you do yourself?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

Well I changed pretty much everything except the layout. I changed the text, added images and icons, and added the moduls that pop up when ever you click on the different products. Then I just used paypal to accept payment.

View Postmodi123_1, on 07 February 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Well I changed pretty much everything except the layout. I changed the text, added images and icons, and added the moduls that pop up when ever you click on the different products. Then I just used paypal to accept payment.

View Postmodi123_1, on 07 February 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

If you believe you sufficiently designed the UI, code, etc and it is something you are cool with showing folk then sure.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:55 AM

Yes nice site I would totally include it on your resume,

now some minor changes

Use a memorable logo for the favicon to clearly represent your website in the browser window and as a bookmark.

Create the desired symbol or logo with a size of 16x16 pixels.
Save this image in the ICO file format.
Rename the file 'favicon.ico'.
Download the file via FTP to the root directory of your web server.
Insert this code in the <Head> area of your website code:

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

now do something similar for touch devices like phones and tablets.

Create your logo as a PNG image file. To support current devices the file should be available in two versions: 152x152px and 120x120px.

Save these files and name them 'apple-touch-icon-152x152-precomposed.png' and 'apple-touch-icon-120x120-precomposed.png' respectively, then upload them to your webspace in the root directory of your website.
Now insert the following code in the <Head> area of your website:
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="/apple-touch-icon-120x120-precomposed.png" /> <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="/apple-touch-icon-152x152-precomposed.png" />

You also should link your site to social media like Twitter and Facebook as it helps with site ratings etc.

Also Hide the server version
This decreases the risk of a potential attack. Hide the status page of your web server. I was able to identify Apache web server version 2.0.0 as your server.

Hide solution
Make sure that the web server you are using does not reveal server signature. If you are using Apache web server, you can control this via the ServerSignature directive.

Regards

Snoopy.

This post has been edited by snoopy11: 11 February 2017 - 03:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1