Editing a DBF table

Cleverly combining two DBF tables

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 4067 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2008 - 11:15 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Editing a DBF table

Post icon  Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:07 PM

I'm trying to combine two DBF tables. My only problem is I have no idea how to open them, manipulate the data, or even save them. What I could really use is some quick snippets on how to open a DBF table and write it to a variable of some sort. I really have no idea on how to get started. I just don't know where to start, and all the googling I've done has turned up minimal results on how to open and edit DBF tables, and all too brief for me to understand.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Editing a DBF table

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Editing a DBF table

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion the SQLDMO may be exactly what you're looking for, and luckily I wrote a tutorial on using the SQL-DMO objects in C# :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

Ah, thank you, unfortunately yesterday was my last day of vacation so I won't be able to check this out for a while. I'll give this a try when I have the time though, thanks! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:15 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 1 Jan, 2008 - 09:55 PM, said:

I have a sneaking suspicion the SQLDMO may be exactly what you're looking for, and luckily I wrote a tutorial on using the SQL-DMO objects in C# :)

That gave me a nice little glimpse, but it doesn't solve my main problem. The dbf tables I'm editing aren't on a server or anything, I have direct file paths for them, I just need to know how to put them into a variable that I can edit the properties of. I keep seeing this odbc stuff but I'm not quite sure what it is or what it does. Do you know any tutorials on using it, or could you write one? I really followed that tutorial well!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1