3 Replies - 827 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Software Engineer Categories

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:19 AM

Hi all,

I have recently expanded my recruitment company, and have moved onto software engineers & developers for the automotive industry in Germany.

As I am still learning my way around software engineering, and having picked up many roles already in software for a number of the worlds largest automotive companies, I was wondering if I could have some help with the following?

When I qualify a candidate/software engineer to see if he would be interested in a job with my clients, or any future positions I receive - what are some simple, basic, short questions I could ask him to get an understanding of what he does, and would be easy to categorize?

I.e. Something like: Programming language, Operating system etc.

Just a few questions to make me sound like I know what I am on about and to get an overall picture of what he does to categorize him, so I can match him easier to jobs I receive etc.

Thank you for your time.

GH

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Software Engineer Categories

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Software Engineer Categories

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:20 AM

Just a few questions to make me sound like I know what I am on about

Unfortunately, this won't happen. To anyone who knows what they're talking about, you'll sound like someone reciting canned questions and you won't really get much from the answers in any case.
Do you have access to any programmers who would be able to help you with the technical side of interviews? This will probably work a lot better than trying to fake it.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

I'll echo Jon's response. I deal with recruiters constantly. Many try to play the game of knowing what we do, i can recite some nonsense and if they are playing right along I know they have no idea what they are talking about.

If you really want to know if they are worth it, look into programming tests and start reading up on various tech in demand.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

I also agree. If you want to keep up with the people you want to place in your client's company the best way would be you go and get some basic IT skills yourself.
Of course, you don't need to have deep level expert skills, but it's never wrong to gain some basic education about the industry you want to work in as a recruiter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1