Lisp Interpreter

Urgent help needed

Page 1 of 1

8 Replies - 1961 Views - Last Post: 17 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

#1 young2daniel  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 29-December 07

Lisp Interpreter

Post icon  Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

Please does anybody know where to get the lisp interpreter from?
Please contact me on my email address: whizkid.geek@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Lisp Interpreter

#2 Tom9729  Icon User is offline

  • Segmentation fault
  • member icon

Reputation: 180
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,641
  • Joined: 30-December 07

Re: Lisp Interpreter

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:19 AM

I know you said to email you, but others might be asking the same question.

There are many different dialects of Lisp from what I understand. Here are a few of them.
http://sbcl.sourceforge.net/
http://www.franz.com...ucts/allegrocl/
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcl/

There's probably more, but I don't know about them. Next time use google/wikipeida. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 young2daniel  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 29-December 07

Re: Lisp Interpreter

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

View PostTom9729, on 31 Dec, 2007 - 12:19 AM, said:

I know you said to email you, but others might be asking the same question.

There are many different dialects of Lisp from what I understand. Here are a few of them.
http://sbcl.sourceforge.net/
http://www.franz.com...ucts/allegrocl/
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcl/

There's probably more, but I don't know about them. Next time use google/wikipeida. :)






Thanks man i'll check it out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 jjhaag  Icon User is offline

  • me editor am smartastic
  • member icon

Reputation: 45
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,789
  • Joined: 18-September 07

Re: Lisp Interpreter

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, generally we just post to the forums, rather than emailing responses. Chances are, if you've asked the question, other people want to know as well, and it's better that the answer is already out there on the interweb - much of the traffic here comes from various search engines, so it's kind of nice when there are actual answers for people to find.

And you may want to edit your post above to remove the email address - that's an invitation for abundant spam.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Jingle  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular

Reputation: 9
  • View blog
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 20-October 07

Re: Lisp Interpreter

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:44 PM

what is use of lisp?
were would you use it?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Tom9729  Icon User is offline

  • Segmentation fault
  • member icon

Reputation: 180
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,641
  • Joined: 30-December 07

Re: Lisp Interpreter

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

View PostJingle, on 31 Dec, 2007 - 03:44 PM, said:

what is use of lisp?
were would you use it?

To program! It's just another way of expressing ideas.

Lisp has been traditionally used for work in the fields of artificial intelligence, pattern recognition, and mathematics if my memory serves me correctly.

Read more on it here ( http://en.wikipedia....ing_language%29 ) if you're really curious.

It's a nice language, it's just different.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 Jingle  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular

Reputation: 9
  • View blog
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 20-October 07

Re: Lisp Interpreter

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:56 PM

View PostTom9729, on 31 Dec, 2007 - 04:57 PM, said:

To program! It's just another way of expressing ideas.

Lisp has been traditionally used for work in the fields of artificial intelligence, pattern recognition, and mathematics if my memory serves me correctly.

Read more on it here ( http://en.wikipedia....ing_language%29 ) if you're really curious.

It's a nice language, it's just different.

looks intresting i think i will play around with it alitle
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 numerical_jerome  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 12
  • View blog
  • Posts: 167
  • Joined: 16-September 07

Re: Lisp Interpreter

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

I've found that clisp works well on both linux and windows, with excellent cross platform compatibility
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 Tom9729  Icon User is offline

  • Segmentation fault
  • member icon

Reputation: 180
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,641
  • Joined: 30-December 07

Re: Lisp Interpreter

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

View Postnumerical_jerome, on 5 Jan, 2008 - 06:00 PM, said:

I've found that clisp works well on both linux and windows, with excellent cross platform compatibility

Yes I agree! I use CLISP now and I haven't had any problems with it.

For anyone interested, the CLISP page is here.

Also here is a link to a bunch of Common Lisp implementations.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1