i want to learn about sprites in java

i dont know anything about sprites and im here to learn

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 17222 Views - Last Post: 01 January 2008 - 07:35 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

i want to learn about sprites in java

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

i am a fairly good programmer and am in love with java so the next thing im trying to learn is sprites and applet info but thats a diffrent post. i just need some quality information and code examples if posible. ive tryed look stuff up on normal search engines and they dont have anything that i can rap my mind around.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: i want to learn about sprites in java

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: i want to learn about sprites in java

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

http://www.developer...icle.php/893471
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

i found this same info before and some the concepts i just cant under stand. im not like retarded but i need some really progressive learning just on a subject i work on
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.rascal
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Maybe if you could specify which concepts are causing you problems, we could help you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:22 PM

As 1lacca notes, if the general documentation is not helpful, perhaps you could identify specific questions/problems you are encountering, or specific concepts that are problematic for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

my first problem is when i get to the frame class ive never heard of it and they use the word instantiate also im not sure im at a high enough level to get this kind of code or concepts are their certain things you think i should learn before trying to jump on this
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

View Postmcckiller, on 1 Jan, 2008 - 05:46 PM, said:

my first problem is when i get to the frame class ive never heard of it and they use the word instantiate also im not sure im at a high enough level to get this kind of code or concepts are their certain things you think i should learn before trying to jump on this

Instantiate is basic OOP speak. In Java, pretty much everything is defined by a class. Classes are used to create objects. This process of object creation is called instantiating a class or creating an instance of a class. An instance is exactly the same as an object.

In Java, there is no standard thing called a sprite. Some folks use the term because some libraries, and old computers, use the term. What is usually meant by sprite is some graphic image that can be moved around the screen, without interfering with other images or the background, and often animating itself along the way.

To move an image around a screen without messing with the other things on the screen, you usually do something called double buffering. If you search on Java and double buffering you may get better info. I thought this one was quite good: http://www.gamespp.c...Tutorial04.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1