4 Replies - 1063 Views - Last Post: 24 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to find (re)installation files for visual studio 2010?

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

I have installed vs 2010 before mb replacement and it created projects fine. After it creation of projects induced some error and after unsuccesful attempt to repair the vs due to lack free volume on system disk, visual studio throws such error as "project aplication... could not be opened because the microsof visual c# 2010 compiler could not be created. Please reinstall visual studio". Why visual c# compiler could not be created. I thought that compiler is integral part of .net framework. Should it mean that .net is not working properly? For example raymondcc.NET Detector reveal .net 3.0; 3.5; 4.0. And console application works fine in sharp develop. Even if reinstall I have no place on disk C. Attempted to repair I got warning that it lacked enough space and after I continued, it began to reinstall all components of vs 2010. And exactly on reinstall of vs 2010 the 600 mb thawed to zero. And I was not able to finish it. There were attempt to try again when free 600 mb were restored due to skipping the date probably to initial value. But since last attempt, when I fixed the cmos settings, the only available space is just 50 mb, no more.
So I cannot find the files or folders relating to temporal installation files of visual studio -- where to find it? To free that so needy 550 mb?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to find (re)installation files for visual studio 2010?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How to find (re)installation files for visual studio 2010?

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

I have uninstalled visual studio 2010 by dvd installation autorun then by vs2010 uninstallation utility. But it freed just 1.5 gb. Then it diminished to about 1.2 gb. Now I used this free space for mechanical returning sql server folders to system disk. So now I have a few space. But to install visual studion anew I need about 3.3 gb if see installator calculations. But why uninstalling freed just half of it, 1.5 gb. Are there other noninstalled components? How to find all remains of original vs2010 installation to remove them too?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

You're using a lot of words to ask how can I free up space? Look in C:\Program Files for old VS installations. Run Disk Cleanup. Look at your libraries Right Click | Properties, to see what's taking up space.
You can also find some scripts online that will free up space.

This post has been edited by wtp: 23 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

I have used the cd vs 2010 official uninstaller (that is additional optional to Setup). It has freed just 1.5 gb. Then it diminished to 1.25 gb. After it I used some vs_uninstaller 2010 that changed nothing. Then i used this tool with \full option that probably freed about 200-300 mb. I did not used \fullnet option as it would deinstall the framework 4.0 but probably nothing more or what other components I do not know. So just above 1.5 gb freed space. But I need 3.3 gb to install again the vs 2010 (C# and Web Developer). I can use fullnet clean but it would clean also some other important components except cleaning 4.0 framework. Maybe it would be fine to not install about dozen components but just the very visual studio 2010 that requires about 1.2 gb but it could just be done by forced intermitance of installation. But I doubt that vs install would be normal. The propositions to clean the disk is too easy and simplified option.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

Why don't you just download VS 2010 ultimate from the MS website then run a repair?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1