3 Replies - 514 Views - Last Post: 22 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Encrypt MS Access + Decrypt using VB.NET

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

Hi,

So I'm creating a database with MS Access that will hold personal information, so that information will need to be encrypted. I will be using VB.NET to access the database, and I need to be able to encrypt the database, but decrypt the files and display them.

I'm doing this for a high school project so I MUST use VB.NET and MS Access is the only database service available on the school computers (my MAC doesn't work very will with Visual Basic :P). Because it is just for a school project, I'm happy for it to just encrypt the database while the program isn't open. Meaning that it can decrypt the entire database if that is easier.

Also, please note that I have pretty much no programming experience, other than this year. I can do the basics but if you post code, please explain what it does, the simpler the better. This does not have to be complex, just basic level encryption so I can say in my report "The program is encrypted so to stop others stealing information". Shows insight. It obviously won't hold stuff that is important to anyone, its just a school thing.

Thanks,
Mini

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Encrypt MS Access + Decrypt using VB.NET

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Encrypt MS Access + Decrypt using VB.NET

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

And what have you discovered so far? Just searching "encrypting ms access" brings up a slew of information.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

View Postastonecipher, on 23 March 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

And what have you discovered so far? Just searching "encrypting ms access" brings up a slew of information.

True, but they are all too complex for what I need, or they aren't explained. I need to understand the code and I can't just by looking at it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

I don't see how they are complex at all. MS Access could handle it all for you.

Encrypting Access
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1