3 Replies - 371 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello World!

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

Hello Everyone!

My name is Anthony, I am 17 and I live in Sydney, NSW, Australia. I started off coding when I was in Year 8 in my Information Software and Technology class, I learnt how to code using HTML and CSS at a pretty advanced level and so I set my sights on becoming a website developer.

I studied for a few years on and off, I learnt a few languages like JS and PHP and also got pretty good at making databases but I wasn't passionate about making websites, after some time it got boring. I love everything about games, critiquing them, planning them, and of course, playing them. So a few days ago I started learning C# and the day after I set my first project as a Text-Based RPG.

I like to think I'm a nice guy and I like to communicate with others so if you'd like to talk, don't be afraid! :)/>

See you around,
- Anthony.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello World!

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Hello World!

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

Hello there, welcome!
I'm also new, I only joined yesterday. And we live just across the ditch from each other (I live in New Zealand). :)
Anyway, what is going to be the theme/general ideas of your Text-Based RPG? I've been building one myself in C++ as a project for my school's "Code Club", I'm basing mine on the Dunnet game that's built into Emacs.

Anyway, welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:58 AM

View PostSpigie, on 06 April 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

Hello there, welcome!
I'm also new, I only joined yesterday. And we live just across the ditch from each other (I live in New Zealand). :)/>
Anyway, what is going to be the theme/general ideas of your Text-Based RPG? I've been building one myself in C++ as a project for my school's "Code Club", I'm basing mine on the Dunnet game that's built into Emacs.

Anyway, welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D/>

Hello Spigie,

Nice to meet you mate. I can't say that I've heard of Dunnet before but I did look it up. As for me, the game I'm making is going to be sort of like RuneScape in 2006 - 2007, It's just a test game so it won't go up for sale or anything but it'll be fun to work on.

again, nice to meet you, hope to see you around on the forums!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

Hi Anthony! Nice to meet you! My name is Kyllian and also new here)
Actually I wanted to say you've done a great job having decided to study coding languages at such a young age. You're only 17 and you have almost 10 years of experience)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1