3 Replies - 272 Views - Last Post: 15 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Making a walking simulator, looking for programmers

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first post on your beautiful website.

For the past months, I've been contemplating the creation of a mythologically inspired walking simulator like Dear Esther, it's about gods, wolves, druids and such, I wrote the pitch and am pretty excited to finally make a game as an already seasoned 29-year-old gamer who has enjoyed RPGs since I was 10.

I know how to be a leader/game director, and I can write dialogue too, but the thing I can't do is write code/program. I just installed Unreal Engine 4 to play with it a bit, but talented programmers used to that engine (or a similar engine like Unity or something) are welcome to write to me.

We can talk about revenue splits if you are interested.

P.S. How long will it take for me to learn blueprint-programming for Unreal Engine 4?

Simon

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Making a walking simulator, looking for programmers

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making a walking simulator, looking for programmers

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

P.S. How long will it take for me to learn blueprint-programming for Unreal Engine 4?

That depends.. do you have any programming experience? Certainly picking up a book on the topic and going through it would be the most direct route.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

Your thread has been moved to our Volunteer Jobs and Collaborative Teambuilding forum. Please remember that threads seeking volunteer help, a group to learn together, or a group to work on a hobbyist project do not belong in the general help forums or our paid jobs forum.
The paid jobs forum is strictly for jobs for which you intend to pay some definite sum in a negotiable currency. Shares in future profits, in-game currencies, and promises of possible employment do not qualify.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

Thank you for moving the topic.

Pretty excited for my project, here's some of my pitch:

The Hunting God is a walking simulator/fantasy-game wherein the player takes control of Nodens, the god of hunting and dogs in Irish mythology and attempts to guide him down a mountain on which he has fought a battle. The story and gameplay is seen through a 1. person perspective. The graphics will range from dark and brooding at nighttime to light and warming in the daytime. On the way down the mountain the player will come across certain objects and perhaps statues displaying certain scenes that will initiate the main character's memories, and written and/or spoken dialogue will appear to tell the story of the game. The dialogue will be brief, though, as room should always be left for the player's own interpretation of what is/has/will happen in the game. The game will end when the player reaches the bottom of the mountain, and the story is concluded with a small epilogue. The Hunting God is inspired by classic story-driven walking simulators like Drizzlepath, Proteus, Leviathan: The Old City and Dear Esther.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1