This is my first plea for help and boy do I need it .
Here are the basics:
- C# 2.0
- Windows Application, deployed via Click Once (or click 4 times, depending on how you look at it ).
- Connects to SQL Server 2000 using typed datasets
- This is a business application that displays data in Infragistics UltraWinGrids 7.3 and allows the user to Insert/Update/Delete within those grids.
The application normally works just fine, but from time to time it will simply stop responding Ė requiring the user to use task manager to ďend taskĒ on the application.
Iíve been able to duplicate this ďfreezingĒ of the application on a few machines (usually a server that I have access to via a VM session) by opening the app and then walking away from it for a few hours. Half the time, when I return, the application has stopped responding.
Things Iíve done to trouble shoot:
- Duplicate the bug on a machine and then check the Application Logs for errors. No errors are listed for my application.
- Iíve tried to duplicate the lockup within Visual Studio 2005 in Debug mode, but the application does not lockup there.
Things Iíve assumed:
- Iíve used the same Infragistics controls heavily in other windows applications with no issues; so I do not believe they are the issue.
- The freezing does not occur during a database request; so Iíve ruled that out.
- Iím using BackgroundWorker to perform a single task asynchronously, but that task finishes before the freezing occurs; therefore Iíve ruled out BackgroundWorker being the culprit. Just to be sure, I call BackgroundWorker.Dispose() within the RunWorkerCompleted event.
Does anyone have any additional debugging tips that I could use?