3 Replies - 593 Views - Last Post: 20 April 2017 - 12:42 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

amazon like category products page

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

hi every one i want to create a ecommerce website like amazon i have a lot of categories
for example consider books and computer->laptops.amazon shows a special products page for each of these categories
how can they do this? im not sure this is a database related quistion but maybe is.
for instance when i click on books category amazon may show me a page which contains best sellers books,newest books,.....
but when i click on laptop category for instance amazon shows me brands names instead of directly showing products
or aanything else....plese guide im struggle in this.i have 2 ideas but they dont look smartly.what is the best approach to do this?
is there any general way or i have to create particular pages for each category?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: amazon like category products page

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: amazon like category products page

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

I would think having a table that matches up a product ID with one to many categories would be best. Table of products with an ID key.. a table of categories with an ID key.. and a table to match product.id and category.id.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

hi i have uploaded a photo on which a red flish points to a section which i dont know what its called but my quistion is about this section.when i select laptops category amazon fills this section with diffrent properties like for instance operating system,color,cpu,ram.....but when i click on clothes category amazon fills this section with diffrent content i want to know where the source of this section is.is it a external view which is related to id of this category or its just statically added and i want to know how they fill this section for diffrent categories and where they get its view?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

Please do not create duplicate topics. Merging.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1