5 Replies - 3919 Views - Last Post: 30 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Today I learned life's hashes lesson at work

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

It's not good to be an over achiever people will hate no matter where you go school, work, and even if you can write a bit of code and it's better than everyone's they'll hate you. I left school because i thought i failed a course I ended up passing it with a B+ and didn't go to any of my exams because I thought I wasn't a good programmer and that was because of the bullying and harassment I faced at school, a few students keyed my car and wrote "you idiot" on it a year ago and I was thinking about going into a C++ course this summer but, because of an episode today at work where employee's where speaking bad about me in a different language and when I asked them what they were talking about they said "You" and all laughed and one of the team leaders told my supervisor and she discussed my behavior with me and I left work crying. I'm scared I might be getting fired now and now this dream wont come true because I cant afford it and don't think I'll be able to ever find a job near me. This is all because my manager assigned me duties for the plant just to check if there wasn't anything blocking the security post and just to report findings I found while walking around the plant for 10 minutes and I was just doing my job and my supervisor is insecure about her position. im a failure

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Today I learned life's hashes lesson at work

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Today I learned life's hashes lesson at work

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:14 PM

It sounds like there are a lot of issues at play, here. Have you considered a mental health checkup? Perhaps a psychiatric professional or counselor can help you better manage everything going on in your life.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

POPULAR

View Postmookol, on 27 April 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

It's not good to be an over achiever

I'd say, rather, that most people don't like to feel stupid and will resent anyone who triggers that. The intellectual always draws the ire of the dumb.

a few students keyed my car and wrote "you idiot" on it a year ago

People are assholes. The younger they are, the worse they are. Not that they're better when they get older, they just tend to develop better filters.

they said "You" and all laughed

See, that's a dick move; no excuse for that one.

I'm scared

Find a human to talk to asap. The internet is a crappy companion.

im a failure

No. You are just another clueless human finding their way like the rest of us. Everyone, seriously everyone, has terrible days. You've had one, it sucks, you keep going.

Find someone to talk to IRL. The "im a failure" shit is not something you can always crawl your way out of in isolation.

Seek help. Be well.
Was This Post Helpful? 8
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

Thanks so much for your advice I'm young and never understood workplace politics my manager assured me that this was all a misunderstanding and that he would speak to my supervisor now she's all quiet ROFL!@!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 28 April 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Have you considered a mental health checkup? Perhaps a psychiatric professional or counselor can help you better manage everything going on in your life.

Dude not trying to be a dick or anything but if you got this worked up over a simple misunderstanding maybe you should takes Mac's advice. Work and life in general is going to throw a lot of shitty situations at you and a little help in knowing how to deal with them never hurts
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

I'm glad things are looking better. Thanks for the update.

View Postmookol, on 29 April 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

I'm young and never understood workplace politics

I think most young folks entering the workforce make the assumption that adults will behave like adults and that they should do their best to be more "mature."

The odd reality is that people never really grow out of high school; they just get older. Put them in a business suit and they'll put on a good front for maybe twenty minutes. Some people play professional better than others. People who've spent more time on the planet might have learned a little more, but some are clearly uneducable.

Just keep in mind that maturity is not a function of time and do your best.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1