1 Replies - 1242 Views - Last Post: 23 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

[link] Contributing to .NET for Dummies

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:09 AM

https://dev.to/rionm...net-for-dummies

Now, for some, this may not seem like a big deal. But it felt like a pretty big one to me so I thought I would take some time to elaborate on the process itself, share my experience, and hopefully dispel a few myths or misconceptions that you might have that may be holding you back from contributing to .NET as well.

Hopefully, you'll find that you don't need to be a genius or design a better sorting algorithm to make a meaningful contribution to .NET as a whole.

Myth #1: I need to be a coding wizard and all of the open issues are out of my reach.
Myth #2: All of the easy issues that I could handle are taken.
Myth #3: Since this is all in the open, I will be exposed as a crap developer.
Myth #4: I've never worked on a project of this scale, I'll probably screw it up.

A super well written piece about getting over the impostor syndrome hump and being able to contribute to things like .NET framework, or any other large project. Basically helping you navigate from a spot of fear that leads to inaction to a spot of accomplishment!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: [link] Contributing to .NET for Dummies

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: [link] Contributing to .NET for Dummies

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

Nice link! I think this fear of being exposed/good enough is also a personality trait that some have and some do not have. I'm very much into personality theory. It's a shame for the programming world because those who fear like this are often the best kind of programmers. The reason for this is that this personality trait is a tendency to question oneself and everything. This is good in programming because it's a naturally improving trait if they learn to deal with it. It's also a sign of creativity.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1