3 Replies - 233 Views - Last Post: 15 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

[Profit Sharing] Unity Programmer Required - Dark Fantasy RPG

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:38 AM

Good day traveller, I am Lincoln, the Designer/Writer for a team of extreme nerds who are working on a Dark Fantasy RPG game which began as of a few weeks ago, we’re currently looking for a C# Coder that can help us with our Unity game and handle all our programming needs. Said coder needs to be capable of coding the game explained below start to finish while other members of the team handle the soundtracks, graphics and writing.

The pay for everyone involved is through profit sharing of our kickstarter and sales funds, which is determined by the amount of time people put in once the kickstarter campaign begins. It is considered part time work but if you by your own admission want to work on weekends and weekdays that is up to you, but the minimum requirement is about 7-10 hours a week which can be wavered temporarily if you are on holiday or have a serious commitment. As long as you can keep up with the team and work hard then when you do your work does not particularly matter.

The game itself is a narratively focused text adventure that uses visuals and sound to help paint the image the players have in their mind, as a real focus in this is complete immersion when it comes to many aspects of the game. Anything that might draw a player out of the world is avoided at all costs.

In terms of lore it's based around a single character who explores a dark fantasy world where they learn much of what they believed in was false and the stories of evil versus good become not so black and white as they begin to see the real struggle of heroism. It will become apparent that not all fights can be won and even than may not be worth the struggle, helping those in need will often come at the cost of the player and they'll also find themselves victim to the deceptive who put on the mask of the innocent in order to use the player for their own goals. But even with all this misery the player will find at times a light in the darkness, small glimmers of hope that renew their strength and remind them of what they are indeed fighting for.

Similarity of game play could be considered somewhat like FTL or Pillars, you have options to choose from which branch outwards and outwards like a tree, as sometimes simple choices can take you on an entirely different journey to others. Though this all remains on a linear pathway that usually converges back to a single point in the story sort of like a multi choice novel. The choices though will tend to suit how the player intends to be and how they want to solve their problems, but vary within reason and constrict when it makes sense narratively. Often they won't be leading conversations and will be an observer in what their character says, butting in to make important decisions on their behalf at certain points during a conversation.

Stats, skills, rolling and difficulty influence how successful they are with a choice, but are nonetheless often given more chances to survive even after failure. It comes down to them developing out certain skills and relying on those skills to solve problems as well as being able to read a situation and then determine the best course of action.

As stated the game is in very early development, though some of the writing and music has had some work done and the game is being fleshed out well from a design standpoint but requires a programmer to help create the skeleton for our game. We’re also in the process of recruiting an artist and it should be noted that it may be a week or more before said artist joins our motley crew. Though while the team is incomplete it will be required that you can start work within the week, we need a coder with drive and you being able to start immediately shows that you have exactly that. Hobbyists or people just trying things out to see if they like it can feel free to join any other project other than ours.

If you feel like our soon to be studio is the place for you than you can feel free to send myself a message at; [email protected]

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [Profit Sharing] Unity Programmer Required - Dark Fantasy RPG

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [Profit Sharing] Unity Programmer Required - Dark Fantasy RPG

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:52 AM

a team of extreme nerds

I'll bite. What makes the team of nerds extreme or what constitutes extreme nerdisms? :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

Extreme may not be the correct word, simply put anyone on the team as out of criteria needs to live for their work. It is not enough to just enjoy what you are doing or having some desire to be successful, it's a lifestyle and one that is bound to you almost instinctively. I suppose I speak in terms of prediction, we're a team of two currently and work immensely hard, myself and a composer.

I often have a habit of speaking in terms of future as I suppose it's the way my mind works, you will find I am an odd person to work with but will make no effort to hinder your work and possess no vanity.

To humor you an extreme nerd I guess technically would be someone who spends their days collecting information like some crazy scholar and might scribble ramblings across the skin in ink until they've completely succumbed to the dark god C'thulu. Eventually the neighbours having to call the police when they see a naked man summoning eldritch gods in their backyard.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

Hmm.

Well.. failed summonings of dark gods - I'm out. ;)

Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1