0 Replies - 814 Views - Last Post: 18 May 2017 - 01:00 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

TreeView Update Problem

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

I am creating a treeview dynamically to show hierarchical files and folders. I have a recursion to create the nodes. The user can also add nodes on runtime and there's where the problem is. The additional node is getting added and the tree gets refreshed properly in my localhost. When deployed in server, it is still getting added but it needs a hard refresh for changes to be displayed.

I thought this is a post back problem from my AjaxFileUploader so I added validations on postBack. Played around with using sessions and IsInFileUploadPostBack property. Still, in the server, the changes are delayed in display. I read something about treeview caching but the sample I find are using XMLDataSource. I am not using one. I add the nodes dynamically. Any idea if this is a postback, or caching issue or anything else? I am at my wits end here. Another behavior besides the hard refresh is... If I add a node, it doesn't display. If I don't refresh the page but add another node, the two nodes appear. I find this strange that the second and third attempt displays properly but the first one does not.

This post has been edited by November-06: 18 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1