2 Replies - 559 Views - Last Post: 21 May 2017 - 09:24 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New game programmer

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

Sorry, this isn't a coding problem but a advice needed....Thanks
Hello my name is Mitch
I'm trying to learn how to make a mmo
I know I won't do anything compared to other games like God of war, wow, ....etc but I want to do simple stuff like gralate online mabe...
And what programming language do you suggest and what game engine do you suggest too
I want to learn coding so I can jump into bigger stuff but for now let's keep it simple
You see I'm going to get a 4 months break so I'm trying to learn a new hobby and thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New game programmer

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New game programmer

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

Programming languages to get started learning... C++, C# or Java (depends on the tools / game engines you decide to go with). As for game engines, there are several but some of the more popular ones are Unity (C# is the language there), Unreal, CryEngine etc. Here is a page that lists some engines and their pros/cons...

https://venturebeat....make-your-game/

Just be sure to start small, grow it out as you learn and keep at it. Also have reasonable expectations. You can't expect to put out a blockbuster by yourself in a 4 month span. Just shoot for learning as you go and you should be fine.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: New game programmer

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

Yeah I don't expect anything big or even small I'm think realy realy basic like a ball go right and left should be my goal lol

Thinking*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1