1 Replies - 219 Views - Last Post: 03 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for unpaid job (java development)

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:08 AM

Hello, my name is Alex. I'm java developer from Russia and I'm looking for part time job. You don't have to pay me. My purpose is improve my english. You have to explain me issue in english and I have to have opportunity to ask questions in english. I have 5+ experience in enterprise java development. Now I'm working in financial sphere, at bank. We are developing high load services. I have more detailed resume.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for unpaid job (java development)

#2 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Screw Trump (before he screws you)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for unpaid job (java development)

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

Hello, Alex. With your experience, I bet you can do a lot better than working for free. I know American companies that have teams in Ukraine and Poland right now, and they manage to work across that language barrier, so I would be amazed if there weren't companies with presence in Russia as well. If you can get on with a team of that sort, then I'm sure you could arrange some sort of reciprocal language exchange in your spare time - many American hackers are fascinated by human languages, and would love to try to learn some Russian.
Alternatively, there are language exchange sites where you can sign up to talk with English speakers who want to learn Russian, quite apart from your day job.

That being said, if you want to work for free and discuss your work in English, my best suggestion would be to find open-source Java projects that interest you and ask for language partners on the discussion lists for those projects.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1