1 Replies - 347 Views - Last Post: 30 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Live Stream Reading and Writing

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

So I am working on a project to develop some new skills that will involve live streaming audio from a device to something like an internet radio station. It will then be able to be accessed via a webpage. I have never done anything with streaming so I am looking for some tips.

Also, what language should I use to handle the server side to accept the stream and live write it to a file? The stream will be sent to the server via Java. This is a personal project to learn some new skills so I am willing to branch out and try some new languages. I am already planning on expanding my horizons with Java since I don't have much experience with it.

Thanks in advance!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Live Stream Reading and Writing

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Live Stream Reading and Writing

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

In the case of a professional project, I would try to use the same language on both sides. No need to complicate matters with another language. - However as a learning experience, it might be a good idea to use the opportunity to get some hands-on experience with another language.

Basically all languages are capable of socket communications so to just accept a stream and write it to a file you could pick whichever language you want to learn.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1