3 Replies - 2646 Views - Last Post: 22 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What is the best multiplataform development tool for iOS and Android?

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

I'm a beginner at mobile development so I don't know the pros and cons of the multiplataforms tools for mobile. I've heard a lot about xamarin but I don't know if it is the best tool for the job.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What is the best multiplataform development tool for iOS and Android?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What is the best multiplataform development tool for iOS and Android?

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

It's pretty solid.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:15 AM

I agree.

But to be fair you can't just ask "What the best blah blah?" about nearly anything. "Which is better, a SmartCar or a 1 ton pickup?" Uh... Depends on your needs, doesn't it? The pickup can haul cargo but the SmartCar gets 3 times better gas mileage.

But from the perspective of a beginner, you don't have anything specific that *makes* you have to look at anything in particular. You're talk in general terms. So Xamarin is nice since you have a single code base for iOS, Android, UWP with MacOS around the corner. That puts you on everything from iPhones/iPads to Android phones, to Windows and Mac computers; with 90% shared C# and all your UI in XAML, followed a well established design pattern of MVVM.

Are there issues with Xamarin? Of course. But its kind of nice to normalize all those issues to one place and not have to learn 5 platforms in extreme detail; at least until you run across something specific that makes you have to delve a little deeper here and there.

I think if it like learning to drive. First you just learn to drive and those same skills work on that SmartCar or the pickup truck. Later when you _need_ to learn how to drive on icy roads, then you can learn that. Later when you _need_ to learn to tow a 40' trailer, you learn that. And so on.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

I suggest that Xamarin is the best multiplatform development tool for ios and android..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1