2 Replies - 389 Views - Last Post: 23 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Seeking someone to build a program....willing to pay!

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

Good afternoon,

My name is Chris and I am a small business owner and my business has grown over the years. I am in need of some small business solutions that I am hoping someone on here can help me with. I have called multiple web site designers in my local area and they want to charge a fortune for the things I need.

I will explain what I am looking for. I already have a website, I need to create a document that my technicians can access from cell phones that will feed some sort of data base that I can query to pull information from. It's simple really. I have a list of equipment. I need my technicians to be able to access a drop down list of the equipment and select what maintenance they did to the equipment.

At the end of every week, I will query the information they have input and use that info to build invoices for my customer. I only have one customer so that should make this simple.

To be honest, I don't really know what I need or what it would be called. I just know it isn't overly complicated and I would rather give my money to someone who could use it than to some large company like quickbooks who's going to charge me monthly for this service.

Any ideas or takers?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Seeking someone to build a program....willing to pay!

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Seeking someone to build a program....willing to pay!

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

> I would rather give my money to someone who could use it than to some large company like quickbooks who's going to charge me monthly for this service.
I love your perspective.

Really quick math - A decent developer is about $100k/year.
Let's assume your software can be done as quickly as one month - Odds are against that for any decent piece of software that is robust and has a good feature set. But let's assume.
So... Its not unreasonable to expect $8,333 per month of development. ($100k/year divided by 12 months) Are you good with that?

- To be clear, I'm not submitting for the gig - I don't have the time at moment to take on another project. I just thought I'd get the conversation (and thought process rolling)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Seeking someone to build a program....willing to pay!

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

If whomever built your current website used an off the shelf CMS like Drupal, then very likely that CMS will have at the simplest a shopping cart plugin or at best a helpdesk ticketing system plugin. Those should cover your basic needs even though it won't quite look like your drop-down idea.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1