6 Replies - 1825 Views - Last Post: 25 July 2017 - 06:45 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Debug setting in Visual Studio 2015

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

Under the program options in the Debug menu;

At the bottom it says "Enable the Visual Studio hosting process" This was checked, what is it?

It just took me a damn hour to get my program to debug without going strait into 'break mode'.

:censored:

Is this meant to be checked, and what about the other options. "Enable native code debugging" and "Enable SQL Server debugging". I think I can assume I don't need that SQL at the moment.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Debug setting in Visual Studio 2015

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Debug setting in Visual Studio 2015

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

What are you trying to compile? ASP.NET webform? Winform? Console app?

Out of the box there shouldn't be any issue compiling *OR* debugging.

If your code is dropping into 'break mode' that means you have errors. You should fix those before continuing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

Monogame - Everything was working fine until I accidentally pressed something, It might have been publish or performance profile or something lol, I can tend to make a series of typing errors at times and wonder how I got these new windows open.

Anyway I cancelled it and that was it giving me a break mode with what no errors It was hinting at. I eventually saw it was trying to do something with some ms .dll file. After a google search I eventually found that unchecking that box would "solve" my issue.

I was just a bit worried that I might need that option and also had to vent a little...

Now my game debugs fine but.. the output window now shows stuff like this;

'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'D:\Visual Studio\ScreenTansitions1Opt\ScreenTansitions1\bin\Windows\x86\Debug\Floki.exe'.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscoree.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'D:\MyProgramFiles\AVAST Software\Avast\aswhookx.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Floki.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or op

P.S. Oh yeah my AntiVirus now runs every time I change the code
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Okey dokey.. well I am not sure what help I can be with an unknown set of circumstances and keypresses that got you there.

Go for a reset of your settings.
https://msdn.microso...5(v=vs.90).aspx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

"Cannot find or open the PDB file"

That message comes up a lot. It is a debugging file. If you search it there is probably a way to fix it, or at least to disable the reporting of this message.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:24 AM

After opening another app I made I tried copying the settings manually. Seems like the native code debuggings should be disabled and VS hosting process should be enabled. Seems to run now with less "Errors/Warnings" just about 6 or 7 of things like this;

'Floki.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Floki.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'. Loading disabled by Include/Exclude setting.
'Floki.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Floki.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities\14.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.dll'. Loading disabled by Include/Exclude setting.
'Floki.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Floki.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll'. Loading disabled by Include/Exclude setting.

Anyway I need to make more back-ups more regular.

The first file mscorlib.dll always seems to be in the thick of it...

Maybe I'm running a 64bit system with a 32bit VS ??? I don't know how to check. It only lets me debug in x86. I tried the About... Cant see anything
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:45 AM

If it was working before you did what ever you did with your random key presses then it most likely isn't an issue with the 64/32bit, right? It would make some sense that it would follow.

Go into your bin and delete everything and recompile.

Did you turn off any settings for loading external symbols?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1