6 Replies - 3630 Views - Last Post: 18 August 2017 - 02:24 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how do I learn Art

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:55 AM

So me and my friends are trying to make ower first 2d MMORPG game, its going to be really simple stuff.
somthing like GraalOnline classic maybe

anyways we need a Art designer and programmer, so I'm responsible for the art and you could guess he's respnsible for the Programming,
we have one Problem :whistling: I don't know ANYTHING about drawing or art and I never draw in real life but I want to learn,
so where do I start?
what are the things I should know?
equipments I may need?
programes you suggest?

and all regarts -mitch

PS: we are starting from scratch so a art designer is Like the main thing here :bananaman:

(IMPORTANT: when I say art I mean Drawing the ground the tree the main charecter and the npcs and everything)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how do I learn Art

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how do I learn Art

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

so where do I start?

You start at the beginning.. a piece of paper and a pencil.

what are the things I should know?

If you only want to know enough to try and churn something out for just this project then find a style and start trying to mimic it.

equipments I may need?

Hire an artist if you want to also do the programming. Barring that pencil, paper, maybe an eraser. Books if your style is more realistic.. time helps.. a positive attitude as well.

programes you suggest?

No programs... just pencils.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:40 AM

My mum is sick so I want to be a doctor so I can cure my mum how can I be a doctor do I need a pair of scissors I mean to cut the bandages because sick people they have bandages right?

;)
I'm not saying you can't do it, you probably can, it's just that no one can answer that. Simply thinking of everything I should tell you makes me feel tired already.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:19 AM

:blush: its ok I guess my quastion is stupid I will try looking for somthing els

and @modi123_1 I'm suprised you're even a admin -.-

and thanks @ge∅
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:35 AM

Keep it snazzy, yo.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

This is like those questions we get that go "I know nothing about programming, but I want to create a clone of X, where should I start?"

You're not going to go from stick figures to realism in any small amount of time, if at all. I'd recommend subcontracting: good designers, like good developers, are hard to find and aren't made overnight.

If you seriously want to learn drawing, I'd recommend "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards as a fun start. Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:24 AM

First start with understanding that learning how to draw will take time, devotion, practice, and effort.

Keep in mind that in addition to being good at art takes a very certain type of mind set.

First, learn all the basics. This includes being familiar with all the mediums of art, and feeling comfortable with the elements and principles of art.

After you start to learn the basics, start to apply it to art. This includes learning how to draw still lifes, landscapes, realistic pieces, abstract pieces, gesture drawings, etc. Again, the way to start doing this is either through a structured class or through pushing yourself, buyinig the materials, and just drawing.

After you have become familiar with the different art categories described in step two, create challenge yourself with different prompts. This will test your ability to use what you learned and draw a variety of subject matters. If stumped with different prompts, here are some that I use: What can I draw?

Push yourself to be better. Be hard on yourself. Do not get cocky in your artwork. Always look for areas of improvement so that you can make your next one better. Encourage yourself with positive criticism. Finding an experienced mentor to critique and give suggestions is highly recommended.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1