2 Replies - 646 Views - Last Post: 27 October 2017 - 11:15 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

resource hacker luna.msstyles

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

i've read through the walkthrough for resource hacker luna.msstyles
however, although informative, it tells you how to modify the bitmaps, all i need to do is change the color of the background in notepad, explorer, etc.
i have no idea how to do this.
does anyone want to write another walkthrough for this task
it seems like, with so many requests for this mod, someone would have posted a solution.
many thanks,
mod:email removed.

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 04 August 2017 - 03:44 PM
Reason for edit:: keep the discussion on the forum.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: resource hacker luna.msstyles

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: resource hacker luna.msstyles

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:24 AM

Looks like you are using XP. You can modify luna.msstyles if you are using that one, or create one by yourself. For explorer i think its easier to tweak it in registry or ini configuration where you can easy put background image for explorer, XP supports it. About notepad, you can try simply setting advanced configuration on appearance, it will also affect explorer.

For background image, its set up similar to autorun, go your target directory, like partition, make desktop.ini file, put this:
[{BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}]
IconArea_Image=X:\TEMP\background.png
IconArea_Text=0x00ffffff
[.ShellClassInfo]
Infotip=Tip...
[ExtShellFolderViews]
{BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}={BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}
{5984FFE0-28D4-11CF-AE66-08002B2E1262}={5984FFE0-28D4-11CF-AE66-08002B2E1262}

IconArea_Image to image you want (i think solid color od 1x1px will work), from IconArea_Text FFFFFF, choose color of a text you want, replace Infotip if you wanna any hints, for icon you can use autorun.inf. And you can hide it with attrib +r +s +h to make sure you dont see it and mess with.

To edit defaults, load your style with your Resource Hacker, navigate to textfile, there will be several groups like several under styles, there you can edit RGB defaults. To find it easy, load your default style, go to advance, find what color you wanna change (background) and write its defaults so you can search for it in RH.
IDK why all of you likes Luna style when there is much better styles, and way better to edit.

I will record later a video for you, how to change it, and how to edit its defaults with Resource Hacker, for what you need.

This post has been edited by Radius Nightly: 27 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: resource hacker luna.msstyles

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

Its right here: https://youtu.be/aKDTNYh7VC8

In a video you can see how to change defaults (really simple and easy; for you, only that window color is what you need, it changes background of explorer and notepad), and how to modify this defaults in Resource Hacker (maybe to use as a style for some software you are making; i changed background as well as box). I did this for a first time, and it went well. Just be sure that you are editing a right group. You can see in the video i modify only normal one (i was playing around with extra large box, normal only window), large and extra large are unchanged, later you can see it on apply. Look for default RGB, with names (like window or text you aim for). Depending on a color of background you set, you may need to change text color too. Play around if you really need to change this defaults, easy way is just to modify it under appearance.

I found old XP image from VMW v6 ACE, so it have some problems in new VMW, its slow, also FRAPS couldnt record it on Windows 10 because of DWM, and OBS didnt wanna record VMW at all, so i recorded with a phone.

This post has been edited by Radius Nightly: 27 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1