• +
  • -

#62 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Php or Python or both?

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

As an aside, I love the url for that quote.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-c-makes-it-easy-to-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-c-makes-it-harder-but-when-you-do-it-blows-bjarne-stroustrup-54-50-27.jpg

When you see Stroustrup smiling for no apparent reason, maybe there's a reason after all...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

I say if you're going to design a language, either blow go big or go home.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

OK guys im swallowing my pride here im stuck on something you wil be laughing about for weeks.... Ive been working with php like i said mostly just on dreamweaver ( not the best for it i know ) so i went and read all the wonderfull things about laravel framework and how it speeds up development ect ect , so i managed to get laravel installed on my xampp localhost.... I then created a project , so when i go to localhost/laravel/public it shows up so thats all working.

Here comes the question , how the heck do i actually start writing a php file ( is it in the index.php ) and then also where are all the wonderful framework advantages? Is there something else i have to do to make use of them , i think maybe im going about this in the wrong manner or just dont know wat im doing honestly.

Dignity shot up :(/>/>

thanks ---https://imgur.com/a/x6hG9---- This is where the file is located at

So this looks like where all the css in js and files would go right .... just i need to know how i am not implementing the framework

This post has been edited by nesir28: 14 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

Ok so firstly i used sublime for the first time for php , holycrap compared to Dreamweaver its well a dream..... secondly i went and scratched around in the files i see alot of files all almost template like some for databases , some for app's some for broadcasting and sessions ect ect ... is this the framework?

Ok wait is it the database migrations , eloquent orm , routing , validation and blade templates ?

This post has been edited by nesir28: 14 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

This probably belongs in its own topic instead of asking Laravel questions in this one. If you haven't read any of the Laravel documentation or tutorials I would start there, and it's important that you have a website or application in mind that you're trying to create.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 16 October 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

This probably belongs in its own topic instead of asking Laravel questions in this one. If you haven't read any of the Laravel documentation or tutorials I would start there, and it's important that you have a website or application in mind that you're trying to create.

Ok i did go through the docs and wrote some tuts as well and i have a much better understanding of what it actually does and its advantages over pure php from scratch, with the use of compiler and node js importing bootstrap seems like a very powerful tool if you can master it. :)/> Not saying im a pro now ( before i get bashes ) but i get the genral idea , and it is very well documented i must say. So no need to take this further is i have any queations which im sure i will i will refer to the suggested thread , thanks Art

This post has been edited by nesir28: 16 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Both languages are good for web development and which is better? The answer depends on the type of web development you are wanting to do.
PHP and Python are the most popular web development languages today. In fact, these two languages power most of the popular websites on the internet today.

PHP
The constant use and extension of PHP made it more popular, as a result over 80% of websites are based on it. PHP is constantly evolved and complemented by the developer team and members of a large user community together.

Python
Python is five years older than PHP, developed by Guido van Rossum in 1989. It became more popular in the 2000s, after the release of Python 2.0, one of the main features of which was the complete Unicode support.
Unlike PHP, Python was a full stack programming language, irrelative of web development. This is the reason its not so popular on the web today less than 1% of websites is created and managed using Python.

Python & PHP: What is common between them?

PHP and Python have a number of common properties that make them popular:

• Both languages are easy to learn (compared to C++, Perl, and others);
  • Both languages are accompanied by the extensive and detailed documentation;
  • Both languages are open source and can be updated and advanced by users with the purpose of improvement;
  • Wide and friendly developer communities facilitate the process of learning and working with PHP and Python;
  • Portability and versatility: both languages have IDEs for all the major operating systems

Differences between PHP and Python

• PHP has web development features built directly into the core language, whereas Python's web development capabilities are provided by add-on modules.
  • Python has multiple inheritance and Abstract Base Classes whereas PHP has interfaces.
  • PHP has private, protected and public modifiers for both properties and methods.
  • Python has modules.
  • Python is considered a more flexible programming language, while PHP is tightly regulated;
  • Python uses special packages to load additional libraries, while PHP requires loading them manually;
  • Unlike PHP, Python is considered as safest due to additional tools, applications written in Python
  • Python supports a graphical user interface and can be used in web development, whereas PHP, originally created to support web applications, is more applicable in this area.

What to choose - PHP or Python

Both are convenient, easy to learn and use, have many useful libraries, broad communities, and detailed documentation. To choose out of two, it all depends on the purpose of development. To create simple website & web applications , PHP would be the best solution. Go for Python if you want to develop complex flexible products.
For mobile application development, go for Python as it is not limited to the web development which makes it more versatile as compare to PHP. All the major mobile platforms iOS, Android, Windows Mobile have used Python port or framework that helps in developing native and web applications with a help of Python.

Although, the choice of PHP vs Python lies in the selection between stiffness and flexibility, nativity and versatility.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#69 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

Next time just give the link and maybe add some of your own thoughts to go with.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

To emphasise that it is not just a choice between these two, many other languages are used: Java, ASP.NET/C#, Ruby, Perl, C++, etc..

Programming languages used in most popular websites
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

Yes ive heard alot about java recently i think it was well put when everyone said that us beginners tend to get hung up on a syntax and tools , i know i would have been had i not bee assisted here , someone else also said something about , knowing one language is a fickle for a developer. Im getting to know laravel at the moment , but i just kind of have this feeling that before i go into it i need to brush up on pure php just for a better base in understanding its operations rather than use the framework first.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:46 PM

I agree.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -