2 Replies - 6446 Views - Last Post: 24 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How do eCommerce Fulfillment APIs work with Payment Gateways?

Post icon  Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hi All,

i have a question about flow and logic in ecommerce i know it is standard to not charge users credits cards until an item has been shipped from the warehouse and at the time of authorization on your site there is only a block or hold put on the CC for the items value.

How is the CC auth (authorize.net, vantiv, etc) notified that the item has been shipped if you are using a 3PL API ? Are they connected on their back ends or does that need to be done on our back end? The 3PL company will send us a notification to our server and it is up to use to relay that to the CC auth?

Sorry but i cant seem to find much on any of this and having a hard time understanding the final step in the ecommerce fulfillment process.

Thanks,

Matt

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: How do eCommerce Fulfillment APIs work with Payment Gateways?

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How do eCommerce Fulfillment APIs work with Payment Gateways?

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

This is a great question! When I've used API through a Payment Gateway, it has only been with PayPal. While I have recorded the transaction details, I've not implemented any type of shipping notification & the charge was taken upfront. Now that you point this out, it's law (at least it was where & when I was coding in eCommerce) that the customer not be billed until the product had shipped.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How do eCommerce Fulfillment APIs work with Payment Gateways?

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 24 August 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

This is a great question! When I've used API through a Payment Gateway, it has only been with PayPal. While I have recorded the transaction details, I've not implemented any type of shipping notification & the charge was taken upfront. Now that you point this out, it's law (at least it was where & when I was coding in eCommerce) that the customer not be billed until the product had shipped.

Hi no2pencil,

That is my dilemma, i am unsure how the last piece is connected!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1