10 Replies - 654 Views - Last Post: 29 August 2017 - 07:56 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Umbraco 7 Backoffice

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:02 AM

Hi, I am new to Umbraco and razor but somehow, I have been able to create my pages and add some codes in them.

However there are some functionalities that are missing. I am able yo search for them with google but I'm not sure where to place them. They are visual studio codes so I wonder if I would need to use Visual Studio to create them. Or, is there a way that I can do them with solely the Umbraco Backoffice?

The following are the things I need to do:
* Create class libraries
* Route Hijacking

Some tutorials are requiring that the codes are placed under views. I know this in Visual Studio) though I'm not really an MVC developer but how do I do this in Umbraco?

Hoping someone could help me understand these things better.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Umbraco 7 Backoffice

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Umbraco 7 Backoffice

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

I have recent, and limited, exposure to Umbraco but, have you integrated Umbraco with Visual Studio?

I suspect that class libraries would be something you create in VS, I doubt that there is direct integration with the Umbraco backoffice.

The main dual-integration with Visual Studio, in my opinion, is that when you create a Document Type in Umbraco, you can then edit the related Template in VS as a View, taking advantage of VS's intellisense, etc..

I cannot advise you about route high-jacking other than to mention that a search of "umbraco route high-jacking" yields results.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

I organized the pages to one root and was able to achieve what I needed so I would not nee route hijacking anymore. Right now, I'm working on Umbraco forms but the form only shows blank. If I check in the browser's developer tools, the fields are there. Is there anything else I need to do? Maybe concernin g with the styles?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

Are you saying the form controls are blank? They will be initially, by default. Or are you saying they have no height?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

No, I mean the form fields are not showing. The form only shows a white rectangle. Selecting it in the developer tools, the fields are supposedly there but they are not showing at all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

Using the developer tools you will be able to discover why the fields aren't showing: whether they have 'display: none', zero height, or a z-index, etc.. (Or maybe the form itself has some setting.) Once discovered this will also tell you which file has the relevant setting(s).

Working with the form template, or partial, then, hopefully, you should be able to discover what caused the setting(s). It might be a setting that you either checked or unchecked (hidden?) although it seems more likely to me to be an issue with the associated CSS.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful. Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:48 AM

I am using "Short answer" for all the fields. I have placed a placeholder in all fields. Now, instead of a blank, the rectangle now displays the placeholder of the last field. But other than that single placeholder, none else is displayed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

I just found the problem. It has a "position:absolute;" set by default in the styles which is causing it to conflict with the styles of other page elements. Thanks for your time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

Good.

Avoid absolute, it has limited, and specific, usage.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

Yes, it's something Umbraco sets by default in its input field under .umbraco-forms-field-wrapper. Not sure why though.

Anyway, my new problem now is styling buttons in the form. The submit button has a class "btn primary". So, I created another instance of this class and indicate property values as !important to overwrite Umbraco's default properties. But my custom styles are not working. I tried simple properties like background-color and padding but none is taking effect.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

Using !important should also be avoided. Your custom css should be applied last.

Also inspect the element in the browser to ensure that your rule has at least the same specificity. E.g. .btn .btn-danger
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1