2 Replies - 146 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Setup - Update - 2D Online RPG - Ongoing

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

Hi All

Not sure if i can post this here, or if it is meant to be elsewhere, so apologies if i upset peepz.

I am not a coder, I admire what you all do, i wish i had got into it when i was younger but was too busy playing the games to get into learning how they work!

I have played a specific game now for over 10 years on and off and truly think that it has awesome potential to be really cool, a few years back the creator released the source code to it, Since then there have been a couple of private servers pop up, each with different ideas on what would help make the game great.

I have my own ideas on what i would want to see in the game and that is what has bought me here. I am looking for someone who has an interest in games, that would be interested in bringing my ideas to life basically. Talking to me about what is currently in the game and then what i would like to replace that with.

Said person doesn't need to be qualified for anything, to be honest i would rather find someone with a passion for online gaming and an interest in taking control of the games development, who has to tweak things here and there to get it work.

I am not looking to employ someone, I cant afford to just throw hundreds of dollars at people sadly, and chances are this will more than likely end up like a small hobby unless you can work miracles and we make something that can rival the other servers that are currently in existence and we actually launch it properly to the public to come play.

I will however, throw a few bucks now and then when i can, for the work you do. Costs of the server/website etc I will pay for, so you in theory, have a games source code and the tools needed, to show your creativity.

I know this wont suit everyone as majority of people are just looking to make money from programming, but if you are looking for a side project as a hobby yourself and this sounds interesting to you then feel free to get in touch :)/>

To be done
Set up the server - I can tell you where the source code is stored and i can show you a tutorial that has been put together on the games forums that might speed it up for you as plenty of others have tried it.

Setup website - Build a basic website, that allows for account/character creation, there are a lot of resources available for this on the games forums, so you wont have to do it all from scratch, i just need someone with more knowhow than i have on websites/mysql etc.

Make updates to the code, starting small like changing mission requirements and experience amounts rewarded, going on to adding in a Donor shop with items that effect experience gains / character appearance etc, to the ultimate challenge of implementing a new class for the game once everything else has been added/changed.

Many thanks

Ceza

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Setup - Update - 2D Online RPG - Ongoing

• lashings of ginger beer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Setup - Update - 2D Online RPG - Ongoing

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:17 AM

Your thread has been moved to our Volunteer Jobs and Collaborative Teambuilding forum. Please remember that threads seeking volunteer help, a group to learn together, or a group to work on a hobbyist project do not belong in the general help forums or our paid jobs forum.
The paid jobs forum is strictly for jobs for which you intend to pay some definite sum in a negotiable currency. Shares in future profits, in-game currencies, and promises of possible employment do not qualify.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Setup - Update - 2D Online RPG - Ongoing

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

Thank you Andrew for moving, Apologies i wasnt sure on where it should go.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1