Ermahgerd! What are you even working on, like, right now?

• (43 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

632 Replies - 27259 Views - Last Post: Yesterday, 12:44 PM

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Ermahgerd! What are you even working on, like, right now?

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Damn.

More importantly, with your plethora of time in London, did you manage to get me a 'Lester' Lego minifig exclusive to their London store?

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Nero

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

I've been following Neo's adventures since she set out. It was harrowing, and I feel for her.

That said, two words made my day better and I bet they'd make hers better too: Indian Delivery

Got some wunderbar saag paneer
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

I didn't get to go to London, proper. My plethora of time was spent trying to rebook flights, arguing with British Airways, and trying to claim expenses.

I actually ate American food. Hilarious to see a British take on American food.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

Was it BetaWar who was doing some minifig painting earlier last year? You should update your heresy teams to fancy color schemes... say Scooby doo..

Posted Image
https://twitter.com/...914826814230528

Perhaps Josie and the Pussy cats or Wacky Races.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

Back from break today. Had to miss Christmas with my family because of shitty weather. Husband's grandfather died on New Year's Day. Learned that I get ZERO bereavement leave for a spouse's grandparent. Not a single, solitary day. Bone contusion and bursitis are still causing a fair amount of pain in my hip, but it is greatly improved from two weeks ago. Aside from that, break was lovely and not nearly long enough. Sucks to be back. Here's to another year of the same shit!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

Sorry to hear that Beeny. :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

OMFG. I had the other TAD work on my automation backlog while I was gone, since he had been working on defects before and was done. I sent him a link to the shared drive with list of tasks, and he apparently "forgot" where it was, so nothing got done, except maybe adding new test data to the db. ;askdfja;skldjfasjgahdogihasdgaslkdjfklasjdf;lakjsdf;lkjaf
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

Ah the sweet pain of joy when someone else in the company decided to make start of the year sweeping security decisions, and you are just starting to feel the pain.

I am think I will slowly tighten up the laces on my shoes just in case my nicely worded email isn't taken seriously enough and someone wants to find my foot in their ass.

Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

My quals are next week. Algebra is a week from today, and Analysis is a week from Friday.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

Found an abandoned kitten the day before christmas. Take it in,start getting attached, take it to the vet just to check that it's not micro chipped aaaand the vet reckons it's probably going to need heart surgery (has a murmur that I need to get an EKG to confirm). 2018, i have no hope for you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

Whoops, looks like we've got the latest security nightmare. Hurrah.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:45 AM

:( I hope the kittle is okay.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

So my wife flew back to Brazil on Nov 13 to be with her dad for as long as possible prior to spinal surgery, en route she leaves her phone on the plane in Miami. After 2 or 3 searches they find it, but they deliver found items to the lost and found office after that office closes, because that's how Miami airport rolls. She misses her connecting flight, spends the night, takes a plane the next day before lost and found opens. Whatever, they had the phone. She leaves, later gets notice that the phone is lost again, I file my own case for it, try to talk to them through Twitter, they eventually close her case because it's gone forever (but leave my case open). Dec 17 I get a text message saying the found the phone, ready to ship, I pay shipping, things are good finally.

Dec 18, about a week or two after his surgery, my wife's father dies. I fly to Brazil the 19th, land the 20th, go to the funeral, sleep for 17 hours. We're helping her mom out in a small town about 3 hours away from Sao Paulo, and my wife's favorite cat is under weight (she weighed 5 lbs). We schedule some vet time, he does some tests, cat is in advanced kidney failure. We cancel the non-refundable side trip we just scheduled, take the cat to Sao Paulo for intensive care. 2 days after we get there they give the cat a transfusion because blood pressure was low after the blood tests and she wasn't responding to the meds to produce more red blood cells. Cats have like 10 different blood types and are notoriously difficult with transfusions, we go to the clinic for visiting hours and find out the cat has just died. We're crushed. Cancel the hotel, take Mimi's body back to the house to bury her in the garden next to the dog that died Sep 2016. In Sep 2016 my wife had 2 parents, a dog and 2 cats, and now she's down to a mom and 1 cat.

I flew out of Sao Paulo on the 2nd, and when we're getting ready to land in Dallas I take my phone out of my pocket and discover that it managed to do a hard factory reset in my pocket while I'm trying to twist around to find a position that is not completely uncomfortable. So that's a nice welcome home, no contacts, all data lost, etc.

So it was nice spending Christmas and New Years in the land of parrots and semi-aquatic pig rats, but kind of a mess. But at least her green card is now in her possession, her lost phone is at the house, and there's only one cat we need to repatriate from Brazil to the US. In conclusion, we were glad to see 2017 GTFO.

On a side note, literally every person in Sao Paulo is a horrible, awful driver but there are no accidents because they know everyone sucks at driving so they watch out for everyone else, and there is no road rage because no one knows who's right and who's wrong. On the other hand, it was liberating being able to drive around and not give a shit about what anyone thought of the crap I just pulled.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

That's a rough end of the year. Condolences.

Side question - "semi-aquatic pig rats"? Would that be capybaras?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your losses and frustrations.

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 04 January 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

On a side note, literally every person in Sao Paulo is a horrible, awful driver but there are no accidents because they know everyone sucks at driving so they watch out for everyone else, and there is no road rage because no one knows who's right and who's wrong. On the other hand, it was liberating being able to drive around and not give a shit about what anyone thought of the crap I just pulled.

Indian roads in a nutshell also. And the honking.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (43 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »