2 Replies - 380 Views - Last Post: 18 September 2017 - 03:13 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Question about modifying email already sent

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Hi Guys. Let me set up the situation. There is a webform form that was written in ASP.Net using VB. The form has text fields that ask for common information (Name, current date, position, etc.). None of this information is sensative info. There is also a drop-down list that contains email address for certain department. Anyway, once the form is completed, and an department email has been choosen to from the drop down list, this information is emailed to 5 seperate email. The email choosen from the drop down list will be added to the email as a carbon copied (CC:) receipient. When the the user clicks the Submit but, it generates an email that will display the information from the form, as well as two links, one Approval link an one Deny link, where each link will go to two different urls repectively. Again, this email is sent out to the 5 main receipient and one carbon copyied email receipient choosen from the user in the drop down list on the form. Here are my questions:
1. Programmatically, is there a way to have the two url links in the email diabled, maybe even hidden, from the carbon copied email receipient only when the email is sent out? Only the 5 main email receipient will see and click on either url links.
2. If not possible programmatically, is there a way to do have this done by manipulating Active Directory or Exchange Server?
3. By doing this, is this violating any software compliance agreements.

Please note, that is only a hypothetical situation. The webform and it's setup has been created, and can send email via SMTP, but not in the way as mentioned in the hypothetical questions I just asked. I am just checking if what I asked is even possible and how can I approach it. I've done some research, but haven't found anything saying that this is possible. Whatever opinion you can give me will be very appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Question about modifying email already sent

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Question about modifying email already sent

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:16 AM

Why not send two emails. One with links and one without?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Question about modifying email already sent

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:13 AM

Thanks for your reply modi123_1. Normally, that would be my first suggestion, but the people that I work for don't want it that way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1