0 Replies - 589 Views - Last Post: 17 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Static (like) cells in a dynamic cell prototype ?

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

Happy Sunday,

Hope everybody is doing great.

Just wondering if any of you experienced Swift/XCode developers can point me in the right direction on what the best practice would be to achieve the following...

I have a UITableViewController and I want a number of cells in the view to be populated with data pulled from a DB. This of course would be easy, I'd create a dynamic prototype and assign each cell the next value in my JSON object which is pulled from the DB, however, what I want before the DB data is put into cells is a couple of cells at the top to be static like.

So I want my first cell to have a search bar inside, I then want my second cell to be a cell which expands when you click onto it, then I want my third cell to be in the same format as the rest of the DB cells which will follow it but be titled 'Popular'.

If you have an iPhone on you, download the 'Just Eat' application and click on any establishment and you'll see exactly the layout I'm going for.

So my question is, how do I go about mixing static 'like' cells with my dynamic ?

Thanks,
Jlis

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1