2 Replies - 272 Views - Last Post: 18 October 2017 - 03:05 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Front end vs Back end discussion

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:34 AM

Hello.So I decided that I wan't to be a web developer.I'm just 14.I'm a straight A student and I have so much free time but I have nothing to do so I wanted to get some free courses on web development to at least know some basics because I'm going to highschool soon.Now I know what front end and back end developers do,what languages they use and all that basic stuff.I was doing some python before just for fun but now I really want to get serious with this.I wanted to go back end but I heard that it's harder (I don't mind that) and that you need some basic understanding of front end in the back end so I am doing some front end just to get used to how coding works and all that stuff.I got CodeCademyPro and started doing HTML,CSS courses (btw I suck at design) which are pretty easy but now I started doing some JS.I find JS very fun and pretty easy because my understanding of python.I will probably go back end because I like challenges and writing stuff that actually works.Now my questions are:

1. Should I learn JS more in depth or should I just get the basics?
2. Should I also learn jQuery?
3. When I do back end I will probably do courses on codecademy.Can you recommend a site if I want to really master some of the back end languages and some site that has good projects?
4. Which back end languages are highly paid and not that hard (I noticed that python is pretty popular)?
5. Do you need ANY design skills in the back end?

If you think I'm too young please don't leave your hate comments here.Just leave.
Please note that right now I don't want to pay for courses so if you recommend a site check if there are good free courses.
I know my english is not very good but I hope you understand.

Thanks in advance :)/>/>

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Front end vs Back end discussion

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Front end vs Back end discussion

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:39 AM

1 - yes.
2 - yes
4 - any of the server side languages. Python, ruby, perl, php, asp.net, etc.
5 - Design is helpful to some degree. Hard to kick around server side without a client side. Also there are different things that are designed other than pretty css.

If you think I'm too young please don't leave your hate comments here.Just leave.

:D
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Front end vs Back end discussion

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:05 AM

1. Yes you should learn Javascript
2. Yes you should learn Jquery
3. Codecademy is best websites and you can search in search google and practice as well..
4. PHP,Python and ASP.net..
5. Design might be helpful in sometimes, better to know about CSS also..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1