1 Replies - 1010 Views - Last Post: 22 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What is a good C++ certification?

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

Hello all. I have just received a certification from the C++ institute, the "C++ Associate Programmer". I don't know what value this will have if any, I asked a question about its quality a few weeks ago and didn't receive any raving reviews. Nonetheless I was almost done studying for it anyway so I went through with it.

My question is, what now?

Its worth mentioning two things:
1 - I have a degree in Business Administration, but nothing formal with programming.
2 - I live in Germany where certifications hold a high weight culturally.

So to continue, I do not know what certificate to pursue now. I would like to continue with C++ (I believe this would be the most logical), but I am very open to starting a Java course. Is there any certification that is particularly valued in the programming world for either of these two languages. Is there another path entirely that you would suggest (maybe another language).

Thank you so much to anyone who took their time to read this and go out of their way to guide me. I wish you all the best!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What is a good C++ certification?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: What is a good C++ certification?

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

Would edX be a good idea? I have been reading some fairly positive things about their courses? Also, are they respected by the industry?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1