3 Replies - 2579 Views - Last Post: 24 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Problem with my monitor. Monitor Flicker & Shadows.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

I bought a Monitor recenty. This model:
LG Monitor 23" 23MP68VQ

And a problem was bothering me. Some parts of the screen were flickering. Like it was a 90's TV. I ignored it for a little bit since today that it just broke my nerves. I mean it's almost invisible but it's so disturbing ...

I decided to make a Monitor Test at this page:
Eizo.be Monitor Test

And at the Sharpness test it showed its first signs. In Black Background and White Text there were two shadows, one on the left side of the screen and one on the right. The screen was flickering quite much on those parts of the screen.

Posted Image

At the Gamma test it was just purely obvious. You had to be blind to not see that kind of thing. It was moving-flickering and very shadowy with a green colour on the outside.

Posted Image

I thought that my screen broke for a moment. I said "Voila" inside me so the neighboors won't hear me and happy that I found the problem. Sad though that my screen had that problem.

Is this 100% screen problem? Or maybe I should buy an HDMI cable and try it out?

This post has been edited by general656: 24 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem with my monitor. Monitor Flicker & Shadows.

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem with my monitor. Monitor Flicker & Shadows.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

Do you have another computer you can hook the display to? I think the trick here is to find out if it is the screen itself or the video card / software misconfigured. Then if it is not happening on another computer then you know it is the computer. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostMartyr2, on 24 September 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Do you have another computer you can hook the display to? I think the trick here is to find out if it is the screen itself or the video card / software misconfigured. Then if it is not happening on another computer then you know it is the computer. :)/>/>

My right monitor is alright. So I don't think the computer has anything to do with it.
But maybe the cables may be the problem.

For example:
White Saturation Test
When I bought that screen I couldn't see beyond 200. For real. But on the right screen, which is old and cheap, I could.
So I changed the cables, the VGA went to my new screen and the VGA + HDMI adaptor went on the old screen. Then my new screen could show all of them and the old could not show beyond 200.

That's why I'm getting a little bit suspicious of the cables. But I don't think they could make such a large mess. This time I think it's the screen.

This post has been edited by general656: 24 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Never mind. Fixed it.

You can't imagine what I did.
I just turned on the Monitor settings.
And out of desperation clicked on Auto-Configuration.
Voila! Fixed!

And gone through all the settings, and as it seems it changed nothing as much as I saw. So it must have been an 'inside business.

You can experiment with the setting called 'Phasing' and 'Clocking' on your Monitor Settings if you want to fix it manually.

Usually, I do nothing automatically. I like doing things manually so I can understand how something works. That's why I didn't do that from the start. Now, I have no idea what happened and that disturbs me.

The problem, if you search it, can be detected by tests called Clocking & Phasing.

Clocking & Phasing Test

Now my monitor is as smooth as a baby's butt.

This post has been edited by general656: 24 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1