2 Replies - 564 Views - Last Post: 24 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Are their tools to convert an android project to an iOS one?

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

I know what you are thinking: oh not again!/ what were you thinking! Of course not even if there is you shouldn't use it because it's going to be full of problems!

The thing is: A. I'm asking it in late 2017 so I think there's a chance something new rolled out and B. My partner insist that there is such a tool and it's great/wonderful/magical and we should totally use them/it to minimize the developing cycle or better saving some dough.

I personally object this idea but I don't own 100% of the company so I decided to give it a try, any suggestions?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Are their tools to convert an android project to an iOS one?

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Are their tools to convert an android project to an iOS one?

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

Still 'no'. Even in 2017.

If you have an existing solution you could migrate it to something like Xamarin.Forms. But it will still need to be done by hand. Most of your logic could be put in the common (PCL) layer with maybe 10% having to be done at the Android and iOS layers.

At least then all your common code would be in C# and in one place. It is nice to make one change then compile for WindowsUWP, MacOS, iOS, Android.

But you'll have to do the work up front first - to get those benefits downstream.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Are their tools to convert an android project to an iOS one?

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

There is not a direct conversion for the Android application into the IOS. As Android is normally written in the Java language while swift is used for the IOS app development.

To convert the whole code from Android to IOS is not possible. But, you can learn the PhoneGap. The application which is developed in the PhoneGap can be executed in all the smartphone devices. So, to develop an application in PhoneGap you need to have the basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and the Javascript!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1