3 Replies - 519 Views - Last Post: 08 October 2017 - 12:26 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Newbie just wants one app to work

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:40 AM

Hi.
I am driven to try python by necessity. I want a solution to one specific problem. How to stream to multiple airplay and dlna clients. I googled, and found this python code:-

https://github.com/provegard/airpnp

I installed python 2.7.14 on Windows 10. I checked it was added to the Path by running python at the Command Prompt. The problem is the twistd command. It says airpnp is an unknown command. I think it should be a .tac, but can't find such a thing in the github download. Is there something obvious that as a newbie to python i can't see?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Newbie just wants one app to work

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Newbie just wants one app to work

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:06 AM

I apologize if what i post is "obvious". Am i meant to import that app before twisted can use it?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Well, the README lists Twisted Web as a dependency so you'd need to install it first, along with Avahi (see the "Dependencies" section). According to the Avahi website it doesn't run on Windows, so I guess you're unlikely to be able to run this application on that platform. The instructions for airpnp do seem to be Linux specific, anyway, so your best bet would be to ask the author about Windows support or find an alternative.

This post has been edited by ndc85430: 07 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for this crucial information. It took a lot of googling to fund this solution. I have also posted on github and the developer is going to test it on Windows. I may have to run linux in a Vitual box to install Avahi, and this code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1