2 Replies - 254 Views - Last Post: 08 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What's the best way to create a stock portfolio website?

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hi, in short, I've a task of creating a stock portfolio website, something similar to Google Finance's portfolio, or Seeking Alpha's portfolio feature but before I start to attempt it, I thought I'd ask to see what would be the best way to go about doing it? For now, I was just thinking about using PHP and just connecting to Google or Yahoo Finance API to get the data from them but surely, there is probably some better way to go about it?

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What's the best way to create a stock portfolio website?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What's the best way to create a stock portfolio website?

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

That would work. Depends on what resolution of market data you require.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: What's the best way to create a stock portfolio website?

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostRyano121, on 08 October 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

That would work. Depends on what resolution of market data you require.

Well, historical data wouldn't be needed, I don't think. There'd be no need for portfolio imports or anything like that.
For now, I'm just thinking about allowing a person to log in, create a portfolio, type in the tickers, click buy/short, allow the app to store the data, then allow them to later sell/cover, display the profit in real time, that sort of thing. So it doesn't have to be super complicated, at least not in the beginning- once I can get the basics for a portfolio like this covered, I could think about adding more. I was thinking about having interactive charts on there too later on but that's obviously less important than what mentioned above. For interactive charts, potentially something like tradingview.com API could help.
Thanks for the reply!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1