9 Replies - 1056 Views - Last Post: 28 January 2008 - 09:24 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

wscoop - site check

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:55 AM

Hi all. Must look like I'm banging these sites out in quick succession with little or no thought, but it is that I have finally had enough time to put the finishing touches on a lot of long term projects.

Anyway.

Can you please check this:
http://www.wscoop.com/

Background:
Basically I was sitting there last year reading through digg and realizing that none of this c#@p was relevant to what i wanted to know/read, what I was interested in was quality links/articles to do with web development and design.

So after looking over the internet for a service that would provide something similar and failing I decided to start Wscoop. Wscoop is dedicated to bring fresh, top quality web development and design links/articles to the community.

Please feel free to post links to articles, developments, software, opinions and what ever else you think is sweet. If you have a sweet blog post (relating to web development), or even see a sweet forum post here that you think the web development community would like, post it.
(skyhawk133 please edit this if you am treading on toes)

Please as you use Wscoop some feedback would be great.

Also some blog entry's about wscoop would be lovely (if you link it)

Rock on.

This post has been edited by red01: 10 January 2008 - 02:57 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: wscoop - site check

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: wscoop - site check

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

hate it, love it, get rid of it, change something.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

I dig it. Looks good.

Some of the categories are a little confusing I think. But it might just be my ADHD not processing them ;)

Would be nice to see this take off.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

Some of the categories are a little confusing I think. But it might just be my ADHD not processing them

Please explain. this is exactly the feedback I want.

With out people telling me what they think I will never know how I can improve the user experience.

Thanks

P.S don't be shy about posting links/articles skyhawk. The more the merrier
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:51 PM

did you use drupal? It is very drupally, I could use a little more creativity and originality in the design, nothing flashy at all but just not so drupally default, and not so web2.0ish look that everyone else has

This post has been edited by supersssweety: 12 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

It looks great in my opinion. The only thing I have found wrong with it is the Alternative Text for the Discover category, where Learn is spelt Lean. I have registered, that was a very simplistic process. I haven't found any great Web Development articles out there recently, but I'll keep my eye open. :)

EDIT: Sorry if out there semt ambigious to your site, I was refering to out in the wild. :ph34r:
EDIT 2: Thats better. :)

This post has been edited by RodgerB: 13 January 2008 - 03:16 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for all your feedback they have either been actioned (RodgerB, skyhawk133), or are being designed (supersssweety).

P.S It would be great if some of you could post some links at wscoop or write a post abut wscoop on your wonderful blogs

Thanks Again

This post has been edited by red01: 17 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I liek milk!!1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

On my monitor, take for what it's worth, I had to really try to distinguish some of the light blue from the white. Pretty minor, but may help a few things stick out if you made it just a taaadddd darker (eg. the top nav with "newest top24h top7days top30days top365days". Can't really see it unless I tilt my monitor in a crazy fashion. Again, could jsut be my monitor (lcd).

Also maybe distinguish the right category bar with something so it doesn't meld into the middle too much.

It is NOT very Web 2.0..... and I like it that way. I feel 2.0 is a bit overused as of late. Hopefully seeing it's last days. I want some different looking sites!

Thank you for not calling your site a baby name (meebo, flickr, twitter, etc) and thank you for not calling it e-scoop or i-scoop.

Functionally, seems pretty nice. Ajax in the right place. Great job. I'll keep this site in mind and when I get the time, I'll throw some new M$ and .net content in there. :-)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

the logo is nice. i like it.

in 1600x1200 the nav is heavy on the left .... maybe some horizontal stretch because lots of lil links on the left and nothing on the right.

i like the blue on white , works fine for me, but if fygar says its too light a difference my monitor may be calibrated off.

it does look like the son of a drupal+digg creation though.
some things are too obvious imo, the most recent(newest) top 24 etc...

the page changer is also identical at the bottom.

my 2 cents.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:24 PM

thanks for your comments

it is running a drupal cms but its just the same as dreamincode runs Invision Power Board. (why spend all the that time developing a system when it already exists and you can just extend it)

But there is a new design in progress at the moment but it will be a while before it is implemented.

I just what the site idea to be the main pull.

Which is web developers submit links for other web developers to review, vote and comment on which in turn ensures that the articles/links are relative and accurate.

Have fun

This post has been edited by red01: 28 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1