2 Replies - 275 Views - Last Post: 10 October 2017 - 06:18 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Using C# To Combine Multiple Internet Connections Into One?

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

I am wondering if this is possible with C#, and how they are programmatically and algorithmically doing this with a program called Speedify? Speedify costs money, and essentially if you're on a network that has a lot of bandwidth for example a university campus, you can use multiple network cards inside and hooked to your computer via USB etc. to make multiple connections to different WiFi networks or the same one over again.

Each of these will have their own MAC address, at which point you can then combine the connections into one super fast connection. So let's say the router is set to only allow 10 MB/s of download speed, but you have 3 cards connected and merged into one connection, you can now download that Game,video etc at 30 MB/s. That's fast comparatively speaking!

I'm guessing there is some driver that is hooking files, webpages, and any internet data as it's coming through where one connection handles a PART of the data and the other connections handle the other parts of the data making a so to speak morphed combined speed of the number of cards/connections together.

Does anyone have any idea about this, and would something like this be extremely difficult to program? Also, is my idea of breaking the workload down (like a file download) into parts where each connection gets a part accurate in terms of how they're algorithmically doing this? Where do we start if we wanted to program something like this?

This post has been edited by adn258: 10 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Using C# To Combine Multiple Internet Connections Into One?

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Using C# To Combine Multiple Internet Connections Into One?

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

The OS already does this (as long as the network routing weights are setup correctly). You don't need to write a separate program to do this.

Anyway this brings back memories of shotgun modems. :) Those were the days...
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Using C# To Combine Multiple Internet Connections Into One?

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostSkydiver, on 10 October 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

The OS already does this (as long as the network routing weights are setup correctly). You don't need to write a separate program to do this.

Anyway this brings back memories of shotgun modems. :)/> Those were the days...

Thanks Skydiver. That's good that the OS handles this, but I still haven't the foggiest clue how one might go about programming something that would combine multiple connections like Speedify has done. Do you have any ideas where to start?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1