2 Replies - 420 Views - Last Post: 11 October 2017 - 08:33 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Completely new to Python and struggling to write this code!

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

The Marietta Country Club has asked you to write a program to gather, then display the results of the golf tournament played at the end of March. 

The Club president Mr. Martin has asked you to write two programs.
The first program will input each player's first name, last name, handicap and golf score  and then save these records in a file named golf.txt (each record will have a field for the first name, last name, handicap and golf score).

The second program will read the records from the golf.txt file and display them with appropriate headings above the data being displayed.

Looking for how to start this code! I am at a complete loss.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Completely new to Python and struggling to write this code!

#2 ndc85430  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Completely new to Python and struggling to write this code!

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Consider one program at a time, say the first one for the sake of argument. How can you break down those requirements into smaller problems that you either know how to do, or can find out how to do them?

You're going to need to show some effort that you've thought about things and tried stuff out.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

Re: Completely new to Python and struggling to write this code!

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

Ok, great, you know what they've asked you to do was covered in class. So the question is, what do you think you need to do to make the program?. What have you done so far?. Do you have some work to show us?. I would suggest you draw a flow chart and draw out what you want the program to do before you start.

Just remember we're not here to do your homework for you. You have to show some effort and we'll guide you as you make progress with suggestions and point you to the answers to your questions.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1