1 Replies - 275 Views - Last Post: 15 October 2017 - 05:49 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

A few questions about using My.Settings plus using settings for dates

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Hi,

I am working on a daily organizer program written in VB.NET. I am still learning how to use My.Settings. So, I have a few questions. First, I want to use the calendar control component for the user to select a day. For example, I have a list box that is a to do list for the user. The user can open a to do list based on the settings that corresponds to the calendar. So, if the user selects today it will open the settings for the to do list for today. If they want to open the settings for the to do list on Tuesday of last week they can. Actually, I am not even if this is the correct way of doing something like that. I have researched on Google and cannot find anything helpful. Also, how do I save the contents of a listbox on the My.Settings then load those settings when the user selects a date on the calendar? I really hope this makes sense. Can someone explain to me or lead me to a resource that helps me accomplish this? Thank you!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A few questions about using My.Settings plus using settings for dates

• Custom Control Freak
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A few questions about using My.Settings plus using settings for dates

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

If you want to design a planner which can save tasks for more than one day at a time, then no, the settings would not be a good approach for this. You would be better off saving the dates and tasks to a file. That could be an xml file, a binary file, or even a text file. The type of file would be up to you but, an xml or binary file would be the route i would take.

The application settings would be more in line with saving colors, numbers, or other simple settings for the application. It is not intended for saving complex data that your application uses.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1