10 Replies - 508 Views - Last Post: 25 October 2017 - 03:03 AM

#1 Mujji  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 11-August 17

WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Hi Friends!

I've a WordPress site [ http://www.zaeefhadith.com/ ], I've done every possible page speed optimization for my site, I also transferred my site to CDN (cloudflare) and even Google Page Speed Insight showing my site speed 97/100 (Desktop) and 76/100 (Mobile). But when I open my site it take too long to open, many visitors complaining about site's speed.

Can some one help me solve this problem? Please!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WordPress Site Speed Problem

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 13495
  • View blog
  • Posts: 53,911
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

Seems to load reasonably quick. What device/platform/etc are they using?

That footer looks ugly as all get out though..

(Though this could just be an SEO splatter cast.. didn't check the actual content of what ever is there)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Mujji  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 11-August 17

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

This footer was added recently, I'm facing this problem from beginning of the site creation

Majority of my users are viewing my site in mobile and some are using desktop. 3:2 ratio between these devices.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 13495
  • View blog
  • Posts: 53,911
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

Well.. the obvious ways would be limit what is being pulled back.. so what ever those posts are about show less of them up front. Keep your images small.. sub 70kb.. Keep any odd javascript/plugin/widget minimal.. etc.

Same with not having dumb popups.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#5 ArtificialSoldier  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 1830
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,761
  • Joined: 15-January 14

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

According to the developer tools, it took 9 seconds to load the site, and it required 92 requests and almost 10MB of data to transfer. That includes 29 separate Javascript files, and 27 separate CSS files. That's a ton of requests for that stuff, ideally you should only have to transfer 1 Javascript file and 1 CSS file, but when you're working with Wordpess and every theme or plugin has its own set of Javascript and CSS files this is what happens. I was helping a friend to reduce the number of requests for her site and it started about the same as yours, but I could only get it down to around 4 or 5 request each for Javascript and CSS, after quite a bit of manual tweaking.

The vast majority of the size is a font you're using. It looks like there is a font called Jameel-Noori-Nastaleeq which uses 8.5MB to transfer.

So that font is responsible for a lot of the slowness, and those 92 requests are probably the rest. It takes the browser a lot longer to load 29 Javascript files than if all of that code was in a single file. There is overhead with every request/response which adds time. It takes a lot longer to transfer 100 small files than 1 file of the same total size. I don't remember which plugin I used to help with my friend's site, but you need to find a way to reduce the number of requests. Unfortunately, Wordpess doesn't make that very easy, but that's not what Wordpress is selling. Wordpress is selling an easy site to set up, not a fast optimized site.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#6 andrewsw  Icon User is online

  • the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

Reputation: 6384
  • View blog
  • Posts: 25,783
  • Joined: 12-December 12

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:13 PM

When I search "wordpress plugin combine js files" there are some useful looking results, for example. Might be worth investigating.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 Mujji  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 11-August 17

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:17 AM

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 16 October 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

According to the developer tools, it took 9 seconds to load the site, and it required 92 requests and almost 10MB of data to transfer. That includes 29 separate Javascript files, and 27 separate CSS files. That's a ton of requests for that stuff, ideally you should only have to transfer 1 Javascript file and 1 CSS file, but when you're working with Wordpess and every theme or plugin has its own set of Javascript and CSS files this is what happens. I was helping a friend to reduce the number of requests for her site and it started about the same as yours, but I could only get it down to around 4 or 5 request each for Javascript and CSS, after quite a bit of manual tweaking.

The vast majority of the size is a font you're using. It looks like there is a font called Jameel-Noori-Nastaleeq which uses 8.5MB to transfer.

So that font is responsible for a lot of the slowness, and those 92 requests are probably the rest. It takes the browser a lot longer to load 29 Javascript files than if all of that code was in a single file. There is overhead with every request/response which adds time. It takes a lot longer to transfer 100 small files than 1 file of the same total size. I don't remember which plugin I used to help with my friend's site, but you need to find a way to reduce the number of requests. Unfortunately, Wordpess doesn't make that very easy, but that's not what Wordpress is selling. Wordpress is selling an easy site to set up, not a fast optimized site.


My site is in urdu, there are some other nastaleeq fonts that's supported by wordpress themes, but I used my custom urdu font "Jameel Noori Nastaleeq" through "Font Organizers" Plugin. And this font make my site look more cool than than any other Urdu Nastaleeq fonts.
And if you find that plugin which you provide to your friend please inform me about that.
Thanks Friends for giving me your time.

View Postandrewsw, on 16 October 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

When I search "wordpress plugin combine js files" there are some useful looking results, for example. Might be worth investigating.


i'll use this plugin to combine js and css files. Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 ArtificialSoldier  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 1830
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,761
  • Joined: 15-January 14

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

I'm not saying you shouldn't use the font you want to use, as long as you understand that about 85% of the data that gets transferred for the home page is that font. You're asking people to download almost 10MB (that's compressed, the actual data is about 17MB) when they load the home page. After that the font should be cached, but it's going to take some time depending on the connection if people need to download that much.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#9 Dedicatedit  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 24-October 17

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:36 AM

Wordpress site speed loading can be increased by reducing the image size on the landing page.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Lazy Vulpes  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 5
  • View blog
  • Posts: 91
  • Joined: 02-May 12

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 17 October 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

I'm not saying you shouldn't use the font you want to use, as long as you understand that about 85% of the data that gets transferred for the home page is that font. You're asking people to download almost 10MB (that's compressed, the actual data is about 17MB) when they load the home page. After that the font should be cached, but it's going to take some time depending on the connection if people need to download that much.


When I'm browsing the site, the response from the server is fairly quick. However, for about a whole second, I get a grey page before the rest loads in. My initial thought were that the DOM were being created by JS, but a fancy font that's being downloaded on each page request might give the same results. On second thought though, it seem to almost load too fast for that to be happening, as I'm on a fairly slow internet ATM.

This post has been edited by Lazy Vulpes: 24 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#11 snoopy11  Icon User is online

  • Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

Reputation: 1378
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,323
  • Joined: 20-March 10

Re: WordPress Site Speed Problem

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:03 AM

google insights give you the answer...

Eliminate render-blocking Javascript and CSS

its this that's making it slow for Mobile.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1