2 Replies - 356 Views - Last Post: 19 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

[TASM] - You know any good resources for learning?

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Hello,
I am a web developer and decided to start computer science, and I must do some things in ASM and we are using TASM. I started looking into ASM and watched lots of video courses on assembler to have a good understanding of what it is about, but I have a hard time finding anything meaningful about how to program in TASM. It looks simpler than the material I've learned about X86, but I can't find any materials about how to write a simple program in it to get started. The course at the university I am at does not explain the things I need to know and I am kind of stuck. With google I discovered this forum, and it looks like there are people knowing some things about this specific flavor.
I would appreciate a link to some resource that can help me get started with the basics of TASM.
Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [TASM] - You know any good resources for learning?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [TASM] - You know any good resources for learning?

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

TASM as in turbo assembly from the 1980's?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: [TASM] - You know any good resources for learning?

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

You will find the "TASM" manuals on Amazon. They are published by Borland and do not have ISBN numbers: They are all out of print.

A cheaper way is to use NASM which is free and has good documentation. The assembler and documentation are downloadable.

There is a whole network of tasm and Nasm code on the WEB try google: "john fine", he has a lot of interesting programs.

You will find that much of we have these days has it roots in this code.

Programming today is far far away from assembly but the old stuff (tasm asm nasm) is very interesting and I might add, time consuming.

The industry still has room for those that are really interested in the very technical stuff.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1