9 Replies - 619 Views - Last Post: 26 October 2017 - 09:47 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Creating an app that will create the perfect beat from clips of mp3

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

Also I am wanting to create an app taht will take musics or sound clips and formulate the perfect custom beat. Now I know some AI will be involved, but does C# have an Machine learning library and if so is there some reference somewhere on how to utilize it, with examples?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Creating an app that will create the perfect beat from clips of mp3

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Creating an app that will create the perfect beat from clips of mp3

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

How is your searching going? For example, "c# machine learning library".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:13 AM

Try this
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

By 'also'... I'm guessing you thing we are all aware of your other threads, like this one:
http://www.dreaminco...0&#entry2340321

I would recommend you consider each thread as a self-contained conversation. Most people aren't going to know what you're talking about when you start out a thread with "and also"... There is no context.

To be frank with you - I'd suggest you set your aim a little smaller for first projects. Its fairly clear that you're not experienced in development. You really need to build a birdhouse, then a dog house, then an outhouse... shed.... garage... working your way up to a two-story residence. You don't go out a buy a hammer and saw then say "I'll teach myself construction by building a house as my first project." Maybe start with programs that have lower expectations of specialty needs. How about a calculator... then mortgage calculator.. then maybe a Quicken-like checkbook app. Stuff that doesn't need special understanding of things like graphics or music file structures.

If you're just out of school (or maybe still in school) for C# you'll need to come to terms with the fact that what you're learning has little applicablity to actually developing software. Most schools are 10+ years behind in their materials because they have no need or budget to update. Also learning C# is not learning software architecture; any more than learning English as a second language prepares you for writing a murder mystery movie.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

Actually, not much AI is needed for beat analysis.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

View Postandrewsw, on 22 October 2017 - 12:30 AM, said:

How is your searching going? For example, "c# machine learning library".

Yeah I been found that....just need to know where to start...and I did calculators and what in college....I have been out for about 3 years now...just want to challenge myself more now.

View PostSkydiver, on 22 October 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

So what would be needed is what I am trying to ask...I have searched this topic, but no where is there anything on this...this app for example will take the song from say Captain planet, Hail Mary from Tupac, some country songs and mix them and create the 100% or near that perfect song or beat. Now if something has been done like that already and you know how to get to the backend code..please let me know.

Or if you know any example code that would help me start to this goal...

and I think I meant I will need machine learning...some has to be involved on at least a small scale right?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

It will take these songs for example: https://www.youtube....EF327A46536F941

https://www.youtube....36F941&index=48

https://www.youtube....aiHa4LYOmoFZrBg

and blend elements of these songs and make a whole different beat and sound from these songs...that will be near perfect..probably not perfect...but at least 80% good enough to flow with anything...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 snoopy11  Icon User is online

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

This is a brilliant intro to AI in pure C#

https://www.amazon.c...d/dp/1604390093

It takes you through the process of building your own Matrix math library and of course the building of a neural network library on top of the Matrix math library then takes you through the fundamentals of machine learning building an OCR program.

I translated the whole thing into C++ as it gave me a deeper understanding of the whole neural network process and I just like translating from one language to another anyway......

I do it for fun cos I'm sick like that..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

@snoopy11: We should get together someday and build another TensorFlow. :)

On a more serious note, I've run into three .NET libraries that have something to do with AI/NN so far:

AForge.NET (probably basic stuff)
Accord.NET (probably basic stuff)
ConvNetSharp (convolutional neural networks/deep learning in C#; supports CUDA)

This post has been edited by GazinAtCode: 26 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostJ-Da-innovator, on 25 October 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostSkydiver, on 22 October 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

So what would be needed is what I am trying to ask...I have searched this topic, but no where is there anything on this...
:
and I think I meant I will need machine learning...some has to be involved on at least a small scale right?

You just need simple beat analysis/detection. Games do it all the time. This article should get you started:
Beat Detection – The Scientific View

Once you can determine the BPM is for a given song/video, you need to find if two songs are compatible for BPMs. Obviously, equal values will be compatible. (I'm tone deaf and rhythm impaired. I think I've tried the patience of even the most patient dance and music teachers, so take what I say next with a huge grain of salt. Hopefully, somebody with more of a music background maybe able to chime in as well.) Other compatible songs would be ones where the BPMs have a GCD (greatest common denominator), or if one songs BPM is a (small) multiple of the other. If the problem is solved for two songs at a time, the solution can be expanded to handle more than two at a time.

So far in both cases above: beat detection and compatibility checking, it's all math with no AI involved.

Perhaps some AI maybe involved in the beat detection if the music doesn't use the "normal" range of frequencies for where a beat can normally be found, but I think that simple histogram analysis should work to find that odd frequency range. So, to me, that leaves that an AI would be involved in trying to teach the machine other beat combinations that go beyond the BPMs being equal or sharing a GCD.

I'm willing to be educated in this though. As I said, I have no musical talent whatsoever and I'm just viewing things from a pure data analysis point of view. Where would the AI be needed? Does it need to be a full blown AI as we know things today, or can it be what used to be call AI back in the 80's: an expert system? (I don't think people consider expert systems as AI anymore, but I could be mistaken.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1